Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton Lake (KS) - Friday, 04-24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Lake (KS) - Friday, 04-24

(Sorry for the late post...honey-do's on Saturday morning and a wedding last night kept me from being timely. Better late than never!)

After having to postpone our trip (cuz of SNOW!) carcrz and I finally met up with Chatt on Friday to go after some Kansas crappie. Chatt was nice enough to offer Plan A - postpone again cuz of the wind or Plan B, fight it and see what happens. Well, all I can say is, "Wind? WHAT wind?!?" I'm sure there were parts of the lake where people were getting blown all around, but we never found them. He kept us on the calm side and on top of some decent fish.

Slow trolling minnows in 10fow about 6-7' down was the order of the day. All in all got 27 keepers and maybe 4 shorts and a bonus walleye (20" keeper) to boot! Biggest crappie was 14+ with a few 13s, several 11s and 12s and a couple 10s. It was fun!

And there's more to this story (complete with pics and video!) but I'll let Chatt tell that part. Let's just say we were *almost* chasing another one of his rods across Clinton but it weren't no hybrid this time!!

All in all a great day. Thanks to carcrz for makin' it happen and spending the day and Chatt for putting us on fish in tough conditions. Can't wait to do it again!!

Name:  KS20090424.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  98.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Job Joe

Hey later is just as good, we all have our honey'do's...... Now I might use the net on old eyes there,,
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Now I might use the net on old eyes there,,

Oh, we did! He was fun to catch!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. And I am sure it was fun with Chatt as there is usually never a dull moment with him around.