Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: my son didnt get the memo that we was crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default my son didnt get the memo that we was crappie fishing

went to the fork today with my best fishin buddy, my son Luke. we fished the river from tunnel mill to the main lake and back, mainly just to stay out of the wind and all the boat traffic that would have been on the main lake, didnt feel like being ran over in our small jon boat by some pleasure boater, any way i told my son we was crappie and blue gill fishing...........and just like a 9 year old he didnt listen :p............we was trolling some jigs through timber when a pretty normal (honestly kinda light and slow) strike happened, i told Luke to get it and the fight was on, well several minutes and several more pieces to my pole later this is what we end up with .......this sucker came on a inch and three quarter blk/char with a pink crappie nibble on a 16th ounce head, bet you boys fishing the tourney today didnt catch one like this :D ah ha.....oh yea we caught a good number of the target fish also (crappie) but no size really biggest was around 10 inches.....oh yea and yates thanks for the advice ha ha we catch flatheads doing what you tell us to...............

and the aftermath my 2 piece became a 5 piece, oh well all worth the smile on lukes face .....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You never know what is gonna come out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you got a scale on it, what did that bad boy weigh? Big ones are always fun... don't mater what they are! One of my most memorable was chasing a carp down river on a fly rod.

Nice job Luke!!!!! Keep on em!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell your boy congrats James. Nothing better than catchin a big one when your out fishin. Fishin rods come and go, but the boy will never forget that fish. That fish might not have been so memorable if he had caught it on an ugly stick rigged with 40lb spider wire, but catch a dude like that on an ultralight, now thats a memory.
    Was it a flathead? did look like it from underneath.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

atticafish it was just a hair under 10 lbs, its was really funny how it worked out, i had caught a few crappie and he wasnt getting anything, he was getting frustrated, so i told him "ok buddy next pole that goes is yours, you get the next fish", hillbilly... we catfish alot and honestly he has caught bigger, but i dont think he has had so much fun doing so, so you are 100 percent correct. it was a flathead. it was pretty funny 1st the tip of the pole broke off, and he said right away "dad it was the fish , im sorry" i told him not to worry about the pole lets see what you got on there!!!! and as it broke several more times he said sorry again and again, after i took his pic i told him that pole was well worth seeing him have that much fun, and if it meant another broken pole to see him have fun like that again than i would gladly give up all of them. it was for sure a memory, it just shocked me to see it bite a small crappie jig like that. we still havent stopped laughing about it, was a great day...

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13