Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rhodhiss nightstalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodhiss nightstalk

A few fish caught in about 13' water, the bit was on and off. Some decent fish, some dinks, but hey finally got a mess for supper!! Agood night for fishing, calm and quiet. All fish except for 1 all still had plenty of eggs in em. Will keep all posted on othe trips to come, good luck to all, and hope you all you fish are slabs. Thanks to all of you for your help in making each trip more succesful each time I get to go!!:D
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good night and I hope that you enjoy those fillets. With this warm weather those egg laden fish have got to be looking for the banks soon. I would think that this week through the next couple of weeks will be the peak spawn on Rhodhiss. Last year there were still some fish spawning in early June. They were white crappies, but I think that they go after the black crappies. Should be a good May and early June. April sure hasn't been much, but you got them. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Spot ! Nightstalks will just get better if the fish ever spawn. Right now they are so scattered, its hard to find a group anywhere. My 12 year old is beggin to go night fishing, I'm just waiting a few more weeks to allow the crappie to lay them eggs & get back to a deeper water pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

i was finding fish everywhere last week on the hiss. still little. no new news !

Post Thanks / Like

Fried them on the bone, and let me tell you, boy they were GOOD!:D Yea I think it is only gonna get better. My son helped catch half of the and he gets to have his tommorw night. We really enjoyed ourslves and are looking to go many more nights. Probbly go myself tmorrow evening yo see if any bank action has started.
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to enjoy some fishing with your son. Those are always special times. Let us know what you find when you go back. I will be down there Thursday afternoon and early evening. I will post to let you know where I find them, if I find them.