Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks Everybody

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Everybody

Me and John really enjoyed the tourney yesterday very much. It was a great day to be on the water. I could have done without the wind later in the day, but I still enjoyed it. It never ceases to amaze me how I can fish the same spot on Wednesday and Thursday and catch slabs quick and then on tourney day, only have two keepers. Oh well, maybe next time. I put all my eggs in one basket on that one dock. We fished it for probably six out of the eight hours and it showed fish the entire time. If there was a prize for most caught, I would bet that we were in the running for that one. We caught well over 40 during the day, but just no size. Again everyone, enjoyed it. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Ethan and I had fun too. We too caught several fish but all shorts. Used up 5 dozen minnows by 2 Oclock and my new weigh bag still smells like walmart instead of fish. I didn't find any fish till later in the day. I think that was our demise. I didn't do as some others and stay on one proven spot though. We tried to find producing channel ledges, shallow coves, creek channels, deep cover but was unable to find a real good tree top or dock with any biting big fish on them. I guess thats why they call it fishing instead of catching. Congrats to all those who was able to find fish. This next tourney will be coming up quick and I have never fished or seen Normandy.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, It was a good day. This is my first fishing club and I like the way it all comes together. I had no clue (still don't) as to where I would find fish, but I decided to fish what was supposed to hold fish and got lucky. I don't think I ran 3 or 4 miles. Shame we couldn't check in fish I saw on the finder cuz I could've filled 2 boats. If there had been some cloud cover I think we would have done some better. We, the club, have a good bunch of folks and the time spent around them is a smile on my face every time. Thanks for a good day, all of y'all.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

We, the club, have a good bunch of folks and the time spent around them is a smile on my face every time. Thanks for a good day, all of y'all.[/QUOTE]

Tim,

You couldn't have said it any better. I totally agree and am thankful for a great bunch of guys (and you too Terri ). Can't wait for Normanday.

Andy