Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aqau - Vu Underwater Cameras

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aqau - Vu Underwater Cameras

Wondering if anyone on the boards have or used one. Thinking of purchasing one but not sure how they will do down here in the south. Water not as clear as some of the northern lakes or out in the gulf. Any info would be helpful. Done alot of reading up on them over the last few weeks and they sound pretty impressive. I know the better quality ones you buy the better but just wondering if anyone has used one in a lake where the water is not real clear.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish
    Wondering if anyone on the boards have or used one. Thinking of purchasing one but not sure how they will do down here in the south. Water not as clear as some of the northern lakes or out in the gulf. Any info would be helpful. Done alot of reading up on them over the last few weeks and they sound pretty impressive. I know the better quality ones you buy the better but just wondering if anyone has used one in a lake where the water is not real clear.

Bought one last year ltf. You've chosen the best brand (Aqua-Vu) in my humble opinion. I got the XPS 60 as recommended by a friend that already had one, and it was a good choice. It has the "direct tech" which tells you where the camera is pointing, a "temp gauge" for water temp, a light for deep water, 60 ft of cable and a sunvisor to better view the screen. I was worried about the less than clear water in N. LA, but I've tried it in Cypress/Black Bayou, Caney, Grand Bayou, Bistineau, Black Bayou (Hosston), Red River, Black Lake, and Claiborne. I could see 3 to 4 feet at a 25 ft depth with the light on in all of them, more in a few clearer ones. The biggest drawback is that you may spend more time fishwatching than fishing, but when you mark fish on your Fish Finder, you can always use it to identify the species. And when you check brushpiles and see all the crappie that still won't bite, at least you know where you stand. In the heat of summer keep looking at brushpiles till you find water that's cooler than 76 or 77 degrees at the depth the crappie are holding, they will more than likely bite. If you decide to buy one, have them check it before you take it home to make sure it's working like it should. That's about all I can tell you, but I think you will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, LaBill for the info. I am going to get one here before fall and was wondering how they will work down here. All I've read seems to be from up north in the colder climates and clearer lakes. I trust you have used yours extensively and are pleased with it. Havn't decided on which model I am going with yet. There are so many to choose from. I want one that will do just about all of it but put the fish in the boat. -LOL- . Went and tried a little crappie fishing last weekend and didn't have much luck and ended up trying for the green carp. Did pretty well with them though. Will try agian this weekend.I'm finding alot of shad from 3 - 25 ft but know fish in them. Lkie to wore down battery trooling around watching graph to locate fish. Again,thanks for your input on this. :p :p

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Aqua-Vu Depth-Tech Temp, depth and direction. It shows direction with a arrow, N, E, S, W, or degrees. Water clarity effects what you can see. The temp. is at the depth of the camera. The degee helps you to find what you were looking at earlier. I got the 16' pole to look up under docks. I like mind but I am sure there are others that work ok. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish

Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dang!

I been wanting one of those for quite awhile now, but had pushed
    it back on the priority list, ya'll keep talking about 'em, and you're going
    to make me get it anyway :D A serious question, how do the ones with
    Depth-Tec tell how deep they are? Would not think it would be sonar,
    maybe somehow off water pressure? Looks like it would have to be adjusted
    for barometric pressure, or at least would be affected. Sorry, just a thing
    of mine since I was a kid, "How's that work, Mister?" I'm drawn towards
    the one with just temp (I'm not cheap, just broke )
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

jcpcrappie Guest

Bass Pro currently has the Aqua-view onclearance on there we site. I also had the same concerns with the murky water we have here in Texas.

jcpcrappie Guest

Bass Pro currently has the Aqua-view on clearance on there web site. I also had the same concerns with the murky water we have here in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Moose, that is what I'll do if'n I get one, mark with tape. But my
    question was about those new-fangled $550 ones that are supposed to
    show a digital readout on the screen of camera depth, along with compass
    direction, and temp. Curious how that thing knows which way it is pointed,
    too - do compasses work underwater??? Jeff ps and while you are at it,
    why is the hot water on the left?and which came first, chicken or egg? :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

The Depth Tech has a pressure sensor that zeros itself before you put it in the water. Moose may know all the whatfors. the depth reading is the depth of the camera the temp is too. You can troll and backtroll. The direction is a good feature. If you remember the degrees when you go to a spot you can look in the same direction as before. No need to mark cable the depth of the camera, temp. and direction shows on the Screen and the temperature reading is taken where the camera is. You slowly lower camera and get real time depth and temp. this is from surface to however long your cable is. lol
    Last edited by ribit; 08-20-2005 at 10:51 AM.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, Ribit

That was a question too, about trolling. Glad to hear it will work. Guess
    you've got to have a pretty good ballast weight though, to keep it down.
    I've noticed they have a video-out jack - boy, it would be neat to get some
    film of the fish approaching and striking the lure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast