Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Missing KY Lake fishermen

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Missing KY Lake fishermen

I just heard that there were 3 fishermen reported missing Sat night in the Patterson area of KY Lake in Calloway County. The wind has been brutal the last few days and the lake has probably been upside-down.

Here's hoping that they are found OK and we don't have to go thru what happened in Jan when the 3 duck hunters were lost. Families should never have to go thru that.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent. Keep us updated
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

In my thoughts and prayers, I can only imagine what the lake has been like the last few days. I sure hope they are okay.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that one fisherman was rescued, one drowning victim recovered and another still missing. They were in a 16 foot jon boat.

Folks, if you have never been on Ky Lake when the winds are above 20mph, you don't want to experience it in anything short of a 20 foot boat.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default The same goes for Reelfoot...

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I just found out that one fisherman was rescued, one drowning victim recovered and another still missing. They were in a 16 foot jon boat.

Folks, if you have never been on Ky Lake when the winds are above 20mph, you don't want to experience it in anything short of a 20 foot boat.
    We were kept off the lake for 2 days earlier this month while down there. Ya just gotta respect the water and not take chances.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt pretty safe in my boat(18 1/2ft), but I saw a lot of small Jon boats on the lake the last couple of days that were "hanging it out" for sure. One boat in particular had on board a young man, woman and 2 small kids and none were wearing life vests.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Make me angry to think about folks doing stuff like that with small kids, they trust mom and to take care of them.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Saturday it was pretty bad. wind gusts way over 30 mph. we were off by Noon and called it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post

I don't want to be on it in my 20 footer in those conditions!!! I've had it blow one up on me and didn't have much choice at times but these winds were predicted several days before. There are plenty of bays with ramps that you can trailer to an fish. Yeah its a pain to load and unload everytime you want to move but all it takes is 1 of the rollers to end your day and maybe your life. At the very least throw on that life jacket!!!!!!!