Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake Talley Bend 4-25-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake Talley Bend 4-25-09

Hookonfishin and I left Springfield at 4:30 a.m. this morning and met OSS at Talley bend this morning a little before six a.m. First time actually meeting Monty and what a treat. I had expectations about him after e-mails and speaking with him over the last several months. All expectations were exceeded. I'm telling all of you that have read his posts he is better than represented. The wind today was horrible so that limited the locations that we could fish. If you guys get the chance to ask Monty if he got wet today that would be great. The rollers were big today at Talley. We worked hard for our fish today and both Sam and I learned a lot today. Neither of us had worked an area before as slow as we did today. Monty thought we had a slow day and Sam and I thought we had a great day. I think we made it home today with 25 keepers and one nice green carp. Tried to get OSS to take it but he didn't want anything to do with it. Most fish came in 2 to 6 foot of water under a cork. We pulled off the water around three o'clock so we worked pretty hard for the fish we had. I unhooked Sams trailer at the lot and left him on the water. His boy was coming up to fish with him this evening so I hope he did well. Have not heard from him on how he did this evening.

Anyway, Thanks again for a great day on the water fishing Monty. It was a true pleasure. I owe you one buddy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, was that "today"???:D

Glad you guys had a good time. Stay after em.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Chris looks like a nice mess! Is that a green carp laying with all those "REAL FISH"?
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
    Nice Chris looks like a nice mess! Is that a green carp laying with all those "REAL FISH"?
    Yep, sure is. Bastard about jerked my rod out of my hand and was not going to let him go back to eat anymore little crappie.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's nice to see someone protect and conserve the crappie population. Are there no banks on Truman thats where I would have put him! j/k
    Ron
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windy Windy

Want To Thank Chris And Sam For Inviting Me Along Yesterday, Tried To Keep'em On Some Fish, Man If Hadn't Been Windy, Chris Would Still Be Writing And Taking Pics.. Sam Done A Excellent Job Running That Trolling Motor In Those Conditions, He Did Slap One 3'wave And Give Me A Wake Up Call, Damn It Was Cold..but He Got One Too, One Thing About It, Dry Out Quick.......this Old Man Is Staying In His Lawn Chair Today......... Thank You Chris & Sam........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Chris and OSS. With the wind as bad as it was, you deserve a good mess for sticking it out.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you all had a good day fishing, despite all the wind,WTG! Monty, you getting a lap full of water could be pay back for you, zipping passed some of us in the cold of winter with your heated cab! (j\k) By the way, is that hat still wet? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Is Now

But It Will Be Dry Soon..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

way to go guys. got you a mess of fish, got to give the guide a shower, sounds like a good day, but wantincrappie are you telling us ole silver sides is a good guy and he just looks mean in them pictures? glad ya'll had a good time,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast