Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shell Cracker #1 Jig Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shell Cracker #1 Jig Report

Well I reached into the box of shell cracker swap #1 jigs this morning, only had enough time to try out two different jigs, and I apologize for not knowing the owner of the jigs.

First jig to stick me in my finger was this one

After about 15 or 20 minutes of working the brush line I was starting to get a little inpatient but I told myself just a few more cast, for I knew the gills where there I caught them the night before. The next cast landing right up against the brush and BAM here is the result.

Sorry about the blurry picture but i couldnt see the display screen it was so bright out.

Now for the 2nd jig to stick my finger

With this one I worked the far end of a finger cove that I also fished the night before and nailed some killer gills as well as some crappie. The results came a little faster with this one, in fact I missed the first fish for it hit so quick it caught me off guard, but it was only a few minutes later and this big mouth wanted a piece of the action

It was a bit tricky getting this one in the boat for I was also fishing minnows and had his bigger brother on the end of that line.

Again sorry I dont remember who these belong to so if you could post that if it would be great. Curious if anyone else has had any luck with the shellcracker jigs as of yet

Post Thanks / Like

thats awsome doc.i think those jigs were made by scoremaster and beenfishin.please correct me if im wrong guys.havent used mine as of yet.but they will be hitting the water in may for sure

Post Thanks / Like

yeeeeeee hhhhaaaaaa my jigs actually work maybe only for one fish but by dar they work lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, love me some gills-n-crappies!!!
    Time for another shellcracker swap. I want in on the next one fo sho!!! :p
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post
    yeeeeeee hhhhaaaaaa my jigs actually work maybe only for one fish but by dar they work lol.

Scott
    Thar ya go buddy"i haven't tried any of mine yet"will proly save for the post spawn"flats are not the sandiest they can be here cept for a couple places"i watch the gills on bed"but don't mess roun w/ them much as i worked them over for the last 3 yrs.trying to let them get a lil more sizes back before i start having to cull through them,i haven't had to cull at all"most average at 7 to 8"
    "I string'em up and take off"but now there getting lil small do to my harvesting i bet",...I'M SURE"LOL"...I will use the cracker jigs though"BELIEVE YOU ME"!And they are all great"I think the orange one is Beenfishings jig, I recognize it too"I love that lil Candy Horse jig dont member who tied it, but got's the lil candy red 1/64oz.head silicone skirting on the collar,and tail of red,Flo.pink,wht,blk,blue"?hmm?That one looked like it might be the one to try for me right off first"...

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post

Scott
    Yes it was caught on the straight jig also no treats attached to this baby, will use it again soon but have the others to test out first. May end of steeling your pattern for a few different colors

Post Thanks / Like

Dang...I love that first jig....would the person who tied it please
    post his addy...and a price for a few of those???? I bet it will
    really produce as thing warm up here !

tnvol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnvol View Post
    Dang...I love that first jig....would the person who tied it please
    post his addy...and a price for a few of those???? I bet it will
    really produce as thing warm up here !

tnvol
    you would have to PM scoremaster that is his jig