Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boy oh Boy them crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy oh Boy them crappie.

Yep, did it again day before yesterday, another bucket full. Fish were from 3 to 10 feet down. I am still using a slipbobber at 6 foot. I asked a guy in a boat how deep the water was and he said ten feet. He told me there were fish 3ft. down to ten foot. Using same old setup. Still tube fishing. Color it didn't seem to matter Black pepper chartruse semed to do best though. I was leaving and there was another boat, and I ask him how they were doing. He said we only have five fish after 3 hours fishing. I told him I had a bucket full and going home. I asked is it okay for me to through out infront of your boat. He says go ahead. Through out bobber goes down I bring in a nice crappie. The gentleman said I guess we don't no what we are doing. Yep, I said. Gave them a few pointers and they changed there methods and low and behold they started catching fish... that made my day helping them out.
    Last edited by Ken Jones; 04-26-2009 at 07:17 PM.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a great feeling to pass it on. Giving a few to those who don't get the chances we do is another hoot. An older gent and his wife were driving by the ramp as I was pulling out once and he stopped and came to see how I had done. When I gave him 5 or 6 for he and his wife he couldn't believe it. Must have thanked me 6 times. Said he hadn't fished in years- too old.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

i to have alot of days with alot of keepers so i will usally try to give them to people that have been fishing all day with out much luck,i would rather see them smile and now they will eat them then to get rid of the fish
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad