Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand the Gaza situation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me understand the Gaza situation

I think it's a sad situation for those people to be forcefully moved from the only place they have called home. I have always been under the assumption that Gaza was always a part of Israel. They have occupied it militarily for the last 38 years, but even before then Israelis settled in that land. Palestinians want their own state and have claimed this land to be theirs. Does anyone know or can help me to understand who this land truely belongs to. All these other countries condemn Israel for retaliating against the palestinians for these suicide attacks. I would retaliate too if someone bombed a cafe or something in my country and killed people. They seem to think that by giving this land to the palestinians that it will help protect the Israeli border better. I think it will be even worse, because they will be closer and have the freedom to do whatever they want and the hatred between those people will never cease. I am also torn over the China Taiwan conflict. I think Taiwan should be able to have their own territory even though it was originally part of China because they are doing it peacefully, but is this right? Probably not. I know that with our military being stretched thin, it's just a matter of time before China will invade Taiwan and there wont be anything we can do to stop it. Someone please help me understand some of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Politics , does that help?:D
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Your asking a very complex question, much of which I've forgotten. In a humanistic world view, the land belongs to the Palestinians, those people took it years ago. The fact is that the Palestinians are immigrants of surrounded nations.During the British Mandate, even well into the 1940s, Arabs were allowed into "Palestine" in huge numbers without visa or passport, especially from the Hauran District of Syria, while the British continued to do everything possible to prevent Jews from entering, even down to the last minute when all attempts were made to deny entry to thousands of Jewish refugees fleeing the Nazis. Only in 1948 were Jewish refugees allowed free entry to their homeland, and that was because Israel had, once again, become an independent nation. The Romans had changed the name of the Land of Israel to "Palestine." But from A.D. 640 until the 1960s, Arabs referred to this same Land as "Southern Syria." Arabs only started calling the Land "Palestine" in the 1960s. Until about the eighteenth century, the Christian world called this same Land, "The Holy Land." Thereafter, they used two names: "The Holy Land" and "Palestine." When the League of Nations in 1922 gave Great Britain the mandate to prepare Palestine as a national home for the Jewish people, the official name of the Land became "Palestine" and remained so until the rebirth of the Israeli State in 1948. During this very period, the leaders of the Arabs in the Land, however, called themselves Southern Syrians and clamored that the Land become a part of a "Greater Syria." This "Arab Nation" would include Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Transjordan as well as Palestine. Another fact is that no other surrounding country will allow the Palestinians to enter their country...legally... Why? They don't want them, those lovable Arab brothers are using them as a buffer between them and Israel. They know ... Arabs...if we ...United States...would tell Israel to go do what is needed and we will back you. Israel would whip their butts,they are a tough people. Israel will probably jump on Iran with our blessings, jump on, I mean take out their nuke plant, just like they did Iraq. One day someone is going to back that little country in a corner, Israel will have no choice but to nuke them.

Sharon gave them the land for hopes of peace. I think back in 1993 there was some kind of agreement to back out of the Gaza, I forget.

Now lets get down to the nut cutting so to speak. Arabs own 99.9% of all the land in the Middle East. Israel owns one tenth of one %. Arabs want it all. Their goal is to annilate Jews. And other countries as well want to kill Jews. Remember Hitler. Actually the only reason the Jews got there was because the United States would not take them. I don't know why the world hates the Jews, I believe it is because the savior of the world descended from them. Another fact, there will never be peace in the Middle East. Now, there will be a period of peace for 3.5 years and then 3.5 years of hell on earth, literally. That will be when the anti-christ desecrates the Temple and declares himself to be God. I hope for the rapture before all this happens :D
    The world as a whole hates Jews. I'm on Gods side, they are his chosen.

You ask more than I can explain. However, you are right, if someone comes in my yard to do me harm, if possible, I'll defend it to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I think it's a sad situation for those people to be forcefully moved from the only place they have called home. I have always been under the assumption that Gaza was always a part of Israel. They have occupied it militarily for the last 38 years, but even before then Israelis settled in that land. Palestinians want their own state and have claimed this land to be theirs. Does anyone know or can help me to understand who this land truely belongs to. All these other countries condemn Israel for retaliating against the palestinians for these suicide attacks. I would retaliate too if someone bombed a cafe or something in my country and killed people. They seem to think that by giving this land to the palestinians that it will help protect the Israeli border better. I think it will be even worse, because they will be closer and have the freedom to do whatever they want and the hatred between those people will never cease. I am also torn over the China Taiwan conflict. I think Taiwan should be able to have their own territory even though it was originally part of China because they are doing it peacefully, but is this right? Probably not. I know that with our military being stretched thin, it's just a matter of time before China will invade Taiwan and there wont be anything we can do to stop it. Someone please help me understand some of this.

Post Thanks / Like

That is sobering stuff to think on, Fishingpox. I am hopefully not going
    back in some way on my pledge to be non-political here, but just have to
    add : During my short trip overseas in the military, I was always eager to
    befriend and interact with the local people, wherever I was, to learn about
    their culture. I had some good long talks with a few folks who were Iranian,
    Syrian, Turkish, and Kurdish, living in Turkey. Pretty much without exception,
    we were at a loss to explain to each other why we wanted the things in life
    that we did. Although they spoke perfect English, it was just like we couldn't
    communicate. In particular, my Iranian friend, who ran the rod and gun club
    on Incirlik Air Base, was just baffled by the American tendancy to lust after
    cars, money, big houses, and such. Of course, his main exposure was to
    18-twentysomething American males, which explains some of that. I never
    did really figure out what was important to him, seemed like he didn't want
    much of anything. I grew to admire that about him. But to my point, is that
    there seems to be a cultural gulf between us, and we will probably never
    figure out how each other think, what drives us to do the things we do.
    I did pick up though, that there is bad blood between the groups there that
    goes way beyond what I ever thought possible, compared to the old North/
    South thing here, or racial relations in the States. I guess it has just been
    going on so much longer...
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the 6 day war?
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Good explanation fishingpox, I thought this was originally jewish or Israeli land. I dont know why they hate the Jews either. If I was gonna hate anybody right now it would be Arabs and Muslims for all the terrorism. I dont hate them though, I hate it that they believe the way they do and that they act the way they do, but thats all they know and all they have been tought. As you said J White, it has been going on for so long they dont know any better.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishingpox gave a great crash coarse in History.I learned more.Taking it a step further, we must go to the Book of Genesis chapter 16.Here is a short version, a guy named Abraham had a barren wife, SARAH. She wanted kids bad. God said they're coming, but she would not wait. [ this is where all the trouble starts.] She has ABE to make her a baby with the slave girl. the childs name is ISHMAEL.Important note;ISHMAEL GOES ON TO TO FOUND THE MUSLIM RELIGION] Sarah loves Ishmael. One day Sarah does have a baby, ISAAC.{Isaac goes on to found the line of the JEWISH faith.] Sarah don't want Ishmael any more. She tells Abe to lose em in the woods. He kinda does.The land of Isreal is owned by Abraham.At his death,it should transfer to the oldest son.NOW the Muslims say ISHMAEL is the oldest son. NOW the Jews say ISAAC is the oldest son, and from the begining these cousins have been claiming the land. Gaza has been back and forth for thousands of years. Now fast forward to now. To prove to the world that they will be civil to their friendly cousins, they yanked their own people off the land and gave back to the friendly cousins.NOW we wait till the Pallies start lobbing stuff at em and they can say SEE, WE TRIED! CAN'T TRUST EM! .....been going on for 3000 years, why is going to stop now? Both sides have the oldest son. Now China is a big problem. They have been busy tracking our Pacific Fleet with Submarines that are hard to detect, learning the path we would take if Taiwan were invaded. Remember Bills friends?the chinese spies in the defense dept.that made off with all that good Navel techinology? I here that they have been busy. In the U.S. I think we have something like 45 blast furnases, and next year, Our friend China will have 180 up and running. China will invade Taiwan and we will be helpless.This is what I hold as the truth. oh yea, The COLTS and PHILLIE in the Superbowl .31-24.

Post Thanks / Like

your right mudwitch, the Chinese will be way ahead of us with those subs in just a couple years. They will easily defeat our naval ships and subs trying to defend Taiwan.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we will defend Taiwan. The only way we could is to throw a nuke or 50 at China to slow them down. And hope our missile defense is up and running. China has threathened us so many times with nukes it is unreal. Plus, we better say the heck to all these countries and get what satelites we have in space and man them nukes. Soon will be WW3. I hope our people has the stomach for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree fishingpox. With the way North Korea and Iran are doing, and everyone is sitting back and pretty much letting them continue with their nuclear programs, thats just more added concern. We spend too much money trying to be nice to everyone. When we run out of money and ways to defend our own country, we will cease to exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast