Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sardis lake 8-19-05

Post Thanks / Like

Cool sardis lake 8-19-05

Going to try them in the morn early. I caught 22 crappie and 12 big bluegills
    last friday. Tried several places that showed plenty of fish but just didnt jig much in those places cuaght most at piney again. Caught them early by 11:00 way to hot for me. Think I will spend a little time friday fishing sloughs and ditches from Hurricane to wyatts. I noticed that last week the water had dropped a foot or two and the water clarity was not that good from Hurricane to Wyatts however from Hurricane to piney it was more to my liking. Anyone else have any reports.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant seem to recall having such a lousey fishing day as I had last friday. Weather man missed the wind forecast by a mile, couldnt get out of it most of the day. Its hard for me to fish in wind blowing over 15 miles and hour my trolling motor battery just wouldnt
    hold up. Also I sliced my thumb open pretty bad hanging onto a tree trying to get my jig free from some brush. Big splinter!!!! Not to mention we only caught two keepers all morn. Well at least we have a little cooler weather to look forward to next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Thats why I don't fish Sardis any more than I do, its about 200 miles round
    trip for me, and when the wind comes up unexpectedly, that lake can get
    scary! I helped a guy load a boat down at the dam one October in 15+
    winds, a 14' stick-steer boat, it was swamped completely by the time we
    got it on the trailer, thank goodness for level floatation! Had to holler and
    stop him when he was pulling out, boat full of water will flatten trailer tires
    plum to the ground! Stopped and pulled plug and let it drain about 15 min.
    After seeing that, I didn't even put my 18' in! SKEERED!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association