Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Eufaula..summer crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Eufaula..summer crappie

Hello All,

It's August in Oklahoma and I'm wanting to find some crappie at Eufaula.
    We just bought a place near porum landing and woudl like to finally get into some crappie(any sizes). I have a deck boat and a good depth finder and was wondering if any on here knew of some good spots over in the area where we are.
    The crappie we been catching have mostly been at the one lane)texanna road) bridge at night but there must be some other spots around the dutchess creek /dam area I dont know about. Being so hot I'm sure the crappie have bveen in deeper water.

I appreciate any tips on where to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Okiefish, all of my fishing experience on Eufaula has been around the main area of the lake East of the Highway 69 bridge N. of Eufaula. I have fished alot of other areas to the north including N of the I-40 bridge and caught fish but after catching them pretty consistently under the 69 bridge and finding a few other spots in close proximity, atleast by Lake Eufaula standards!, I started staying in that area of the lake the majority of the time. Sandy Bass Bay area has some nice spots but like most areas on Eufaula be careful there are stumps !! My best advice would be to do like I did. Drive the roads and find where boat ramps are. You will see areas close by that look like it may be worth checking out. That and after launching at some of these places, do some exploring. Before you know it you will have many places that will produce fish in different areas of the lake. One area close to you thats worth a look is the Evergreen area. Good luck, I know you will find plenty of spots.......
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been 20 years since I fished Eufaula, I can't even remember any of the creeks. I wish I could help. You might try using a guide. A friend of mine recommends Todd Huckabee. He has gone out twice with him and told me that it completely changed his Crappie fishing method.
    Reaper
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Todd Huckabee

Doed Todd H. Guide on Eufaula(oklahoma)?
    Does any one have a contact email or phone # for him?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out http:WWW.toddhuckabee.com/

Find you some good crappie cover and go after them they are suspended between 12-15 feet of water right now .
    Crappie guides are pretty expensive
    Last edited by Sockohlay; 12-14-2005 at 06:36 PM.