Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/23 Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/23 Smithville

Finally caught a few fish last night. All betwen 10" and 13". Was up Linn creek area. I had these 9 and my buddy had 7. Pretty slow, but didn't catch a short all day:0) (3 hrs) These fish were glued to the bank. Couldn't hit anything deep. Used all colors and minners. Bite was the same on all. Just starting. Try it again tonight if the wind lets me.

Oh and here's my dag blamg casualty of the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin fish, Bob. Can't say that much about the prop. I have one of a 40hp yamaha, 11 1/2 R X 13 . You are welcome to it if it will work.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Linn

Bob.

Where is the Linn Creek area? I have been trying up in the Little Platte River near Plattsburg and the around the bridge on 240th without much luck. I dont know my way around too well so I jsut look at a map and see where the road gets near the water and give it a try. So far that plan of attack has not worked out too well!

GM

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Bob, sorry to see that prop thats a pain you don't need especially when the fish are biting!
    Ron
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Sorry about the prop. What was the water temp?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

That prop is a 10 X 15, but i might take it off your hands as a spare. Appreciate the offer.

Linn creek is the first major branch that heads straight north of the main lake north of W bridge. (That's what I have been told anyways) O highway circles it.

In the back of the cove the temp got up to 71 and when we left the main lake was 63 ish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish BFB, i tore up a prop on smithville about 2 months ago took it to BPS back in the boat dept. they sent it out and got it fixed for about $55.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch for sure. What did the Busch bite on?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report BFB....glad to know Smithville is *finally* turning on!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same as Today

Just got back from pounding the bank in the same Linn Creek area. I had pretty much the same experience as Bob. I had 8 keepers with 3 over 12". I also had 2 or 3 shorts. They came on a few different colors of slab busters and even a couple on a gold/chartreuse in-line spinner. Got out just in time for the rain to start.

I hope this rain doesn't set Smithville back 3 days!

GM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast