Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4-23 loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-23 loz

Did anybody have any luck? I know the 2 guys fishing with me are questionable as fisherman but we never even had a good bite. Started fishing about 4 pm Thursday evening. We were places were we'd always caught something. Tried over brush, around docks, along banks. Anybody else have any luck? we fished in the gravois.

Post Thanks / Like

it was realy tough in the niangua, so it just wasn't you, you had to fish slow and the bigger ones where about 10 ft down.

Post Thanks / Like

i've been going out all around shawnee bend every day for a week and a half. it was great until monday morning, then it got really slow because the lake rose so darn quick with the rain. they are out there, but they pulled off the banks. they should go back to the banks literally any hour now since the lake level has stabilized. i'm hoping with the heat of today they will move back up and get fiesty again. basically, they are set to go crazy any time now. biggest i've caught have been 13.5 inches and we got about 12 that were that size. they were all male and mostly black crappie, which is pretty cool since it is usually the whites that get to the big sizes.

until they move back up, i suggest catching some smaller sunfish, slitting their sides, hook em through the nose and drag over main lake points. caught several nice walleye and two great hybrid stripers doing that the past few days.
    gotta catch something!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

How many walleyes? I'd sure like to give that a try. What depth?
    Quote Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
    i've been going out all around shawnee bend every day for a week and a half. it was great until monday morning, then it got really slow because the lake rose so darn quick with the rain. they are out there, but they pulled off the banks. they should go back to the banks literally any hour now since the lake level has stabilized. i'm hoping with the heat of today they will move back up and get fiesty again. basically, they are set to go crazy any time now. biggest i've caught have been 13.5 inches and we got about 12 that were that size. they were all male and mostly black crappie, which is pretty cool since it is usually the whites that get to the big sizes.

until they move back up, i suggest catching some smaller sunfish, slitting their sides, hook em through the nose and drag over main lake points. caught several nice walleye and two great hybrid stripers doing that the past few days.
    gotta catch something!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the 17MM - 25MM in the AM and limited out with some of the nicest fish I have ever caught. The wind was really starting to howl as I was getting off the water around 11:30 or so. The am had overcast and I was using a black slider with a chartreuse tail. When the sun started popping out I switched to a chartreuse slider with a red tail. Didn't keep a fish under 12 inches. Fished tree tops 1-5 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

ttwoods, that's great to hear. i was using almost the same thing in the exact same spot and got diddly squat. good to hear it is not turned off for everybody.

mike:
    over the last three days i have caught 7 walleye all between 4 pounds and 7 pounds. as far as depth, it depends on the fish. i drive over big areas while watching the graph and seing what depth big groups of big fish are holding at, usually on top of points. typically it is between 15-30 feet this time of year.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold