Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Big Lake Reports?/Lake Charles,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Big Lake Reports?/Lake Charles,LA

I dying inside to fish for some trout/reds/flounder,,I love it more than anything,,was wondering about all the fresh water from the rains,,bet most fish or on the south end in westcove and south shore line,due to the rains and river flooding,,anything SHadow???
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatortrax35 View Post
    I dying inside to fish for some trout/reds/flounder,,I love it more than anything,,was wondering about all the fresh water from the rains,,bet most fish or on the south end in westcove and south shore line,due to the rains and river flooding,,anything SHadow???
    Hey Brendon, I got a report today from the lady that cuts my hair (her son is a guide). She said that he brought the kids fishing last saturday and they caught a ton of fish! She didn't mention any specks though. The rain has DEFINETELY muddied up the water! I noticed the water going over the 210 bridge today and it looked like choclate milk, only muddier! Hang in there buddy, it will get good soon!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in about 2 weeks or so,,im ready to come down,,maybe get a room in cameron so im on the south end of the lake,,maybe we can get together go fish or have a drink or 2 or 5!

Post Thanks / Like

what are the prime fishing months for big lake? for specks, reds and flounder...
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be june and july,,,but ime guessing..shadow..any help

Post Thanks / Like

Usually the hotter the better! June and July are usually good for the reds. The flounder, it varies. I have heard in October but I never seem to catch as many then. We did the best on specks this year (last year) in the month of December. My advice would be to go every chance you get!:D I may try to go this friday. Probably more after the crabs than the fish but I will definetely give the fish a shot too!:D
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Son in law went on a guided trip( Jeff Poe's son) this past Thurs. They caught 25 trout. If you and I to go right now it would be hit or miss IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Water is VERY DIRTY right now! Looked like choclate milk friday at Calc. Point. If don't get alot of rain it should clear up in a week or two.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,,plans are to come down and fish on may 27th,,southend ,,westcove weirs,old jettie,,fingers are crossed...please no rain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I noticed the water going over the 210 bridge today and it looked like choclate milk, only muddier!

Dwyane, I must have missed this one, I didn't realize that lake charles had got enough rain to make the water run over the 210 bridge....... Just messing with you, I couldn't resist.. you know if ever the water runs over that bridge, I will be in a bind way over here in Elton...lol
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast