Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat trailer bunk slicks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat trailer bunk slicks

I installed some trailer bunk slicks about 3 or 4 years ago. They worked great for a while -- making loading and unloading an easy chore. But they have recently become "unslick" (for lack of a better description).
    Question: Does anyone know of a way to re-vitalize these things to make them slick again, or am I stuck with having to replace them with new ones?
    I would greatly appreciate help from anyone with any experience with these.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think you could call the manufacter and they could tell you.... I have them on my trailer and are great I only use one length on each side or else my boat slips off when I load it. better than rollers.

Post Thanks / Like

Do these slick boards/strips scratch up the boat bottom much? I have a aluminum V, when loading on trailer boat floats 3/4 way on trailer & that last 4 feet with the front dragging on bunks(they are out of the water) is a pain. Was thinking about putting 2 or 4 feet of slick type strips in front instead of carpet. Any opinons ????
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Try spraying with pure silicone spray. This works fine on carpet covered bunks, but does not last very long.

Post Thanks / Like

Back the bunks all the way into the water (getting them wet) and then pull forward to where you usually load the boat.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have carpeted bunks on mine and was having a hard time launching and loading until I sprayed them with "Jig-a-loo" a silicone spray. Now when I back down the ramp the boat starts sliding off before I touch the water. Its been a bout 3 months since I sprayed them and they are still sliding fine. I bought it at Wallyworld for just a few bucks. Also great to spray under the motor cowl to displace water from everything.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!