Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cedar Report

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cedar Report

Anyone been to cedar creek lake (franklin County) lately Takin off tomorrow - thinking of riding over there
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of going up there today after lunch, someway I got stuck keeping a little girl this morning. That shot my plan to go to the river and catch some white bass while they are still biting.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess its to late, I didn't get home til late last night. I caught a few crappie when I could keep the small bass off my hook. The ones I caught were in close to the banks in 6 feet of water or less. They were scattered I guess it was one here and one there. I had a couple with eggs and the others I assumed were males, they were dark colored. I did catch a 3 pound bass on my 13 foot pole, that was worth the price of admission

Post Thanks / Like

Talking We went!

crappie bite was tough, we caught everywhere, but not in great numbers anywhere. Shallow fish(4-5 ft) seemed to be small, mix of male and female. Caught some good fish longlining grubs in deeper water, but again very spread out. My buddy hooked a catfish on one of the long lines poles, took him 13 mins to get it to the boat, we chased it with the trolling motor all over lost creek. I dont know what it weighed, it wouldnt fit in the net, I would guess 40 - 50 lbs. If you like catching bass, it is on at cedar they are in the trees everywhere
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association