Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Woods and Tims

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woods and Tims

I went over to Woods a little while ago and only managed nine keepers before the wind turned my boat into a sailboat. Bluegill were hungry deep today. A yellow bass had to come by to say hello right before a thug ran through. About a pound green carp had to get a closeup look at me early and we both didn't like the looks of the other, so he is swimming around somewhere. When a 24 volt Maxum 86 Pro won't hold you still, its time to go somewhere else. I fished the "candy store" with no problems, fished some boo, fished some trees, fished steves new deep water spot. Caught lots of fish early, but once the wind started whipping they quit. Anyways, I am on Tims now prefishing and the fish are at a consistent five feet deep. Water temp is 60.8 and they are biting. I am shooting a few docks, but mostly use a slip bobber and minners. I have already fished my two best spots and had a limit in no time. As a wise friend told me a week or so ago, "Ever heard of culling?" (Eyeballs Fishawk :D ) I am culling and still taking notes for the tourney. I will be happy to share the spots. Some of you already know most of them. Gotta go, Sandwich break is over . I will take a pic later if my camera decides to work for me this time. Kodak been acting up. FATBOY
    Last edited by fatboy; 04-21-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are catching the big one on Tims. Make sure you take plenty of pictures with fake backgrounds to throw us off. :D Sorry about the green carp thing..I had plenty of those things on Saturday.
    Last edited by c1bigocarp; 04-21-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile tim's

by the looks of things the wind has got to be real bad on tim's. check your pm

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Fatboy. I'm going to Woods Sunday morning and do some fishing, hopefully some catching will be involved. An old friend that's fished their for over 30 years wants to show me some spots. He's mainly a bass guy but really knows his way around crappie fishing too. Can't wait to get after 'em.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just follow you around on Saturday. Good catch.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job fatboy. Glad to hear that they are being caught out there. After what everyone said last Wed at the meeting, I was beginning to think that someone had caught all of the crappie out of Tims.