Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Reccomendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Reccomendations

I am wanting to plan a trip to Reelfoot. Probably just a weekend thing, 2 or 3 days. I found many resort/outfitters that offer fishing packages and most of them seem pretty reasonable and all are around the same prices. I was just hoping some guys that have allready been can reccomend a particular outfitter they liked. Also what part of the year is the best time to go for numbers and for size. Thanks guys.
    Thanks PDog thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot

We stayed at Cypress Point Resort last spring and enjoyed it very much. They treated us good and all the people that work there was real frendly. Top notch resort and people. It may be hard to get in on short notice. They book up quick. We are heading down Thursday through Sunday. We booked our trip to Cyprees Point this year back in Jan. Cant wait to get there.
    Thanks PDog thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That was the first place I looked at. Looks nice. I assumed I probably wouldnt get in on short notice but I guess I could book a trip for the fall and if we enjoy it I could go back next spring. I live in Columbus Ohio so it seems like I could drive it in 7 or 8 hours. Nice and close so I could become a regular down there!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Acorn Point is nice also.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do a search

There have been many threads on this subject w/ lots of testamonials, etc.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation BassBlaster ....

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    There have been many threads on this subject w/ lots of testamonials, etc.
    ... you probably don't even need to do a search, as Yankee D has suggested -- but, simply check out the Tenn State Forum, as they have many ongoing discussions on Reelfoot.

Personally, I've seen the ads for the package deals ... and they do look to be reasonable in price vs product. I have also heard (read) that some of the places are more "user friendly" than others, but don't remember which places are which :o ... so, I understand your need for picking the right place/time. I'm sure the Tenn gang can/will answer your questions.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

hey Bass one thing to think about are you bring your own boat, or will you be renting one. if your renting one the packae deal is the way to go. but if you are bring your own check around like fowlers point lodge. and there maybe a couple others that is cheaper that way. Personaly I bring my own boat and stay at Fowlers point lodge. they are good people to deal with aswell, and you save a little money over the package. Just my thoughts. will be at the foot this comin weekend

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently saving for a boat so hopefully by the time I make it down there I will be bringing my own. I noticed on the package deals that include the boat rental that none of the boats have trolling motors or depth finders. I'm getting so excited about fishing there so I'm doing my research and cant wait to get a trip booked!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
    I'm currently saving for a boat so hopefully by the time I make it down there I will be bringing my own. I noticed on the package deals that include the boat rental that none of the boats have trolling motors or depth finders. I'm getting so excited about fishing there so I'm doing my research and cant wait to get a trip booked!!!
    If a trolling motor and depthfinder is all that you're missing, you would be better served to buy a portable DF and a transom trolling motor and bring it down there with you. I brought my own boat down there a couple years ago and didn't know if i would get through the week with my lower unit intact. The rental boats have stump guards on them. It is a dangerous lake to your boat- MANY submerged stumps. Put someone else's boat at risk- not your own...

Post Thanks / Like

Bring your own if you can. Trim up and take it easy and you'll be fine.

Get The Net