Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clarks hill 4-13 / 4-19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clarks hill 4-13 / 4-19

i posted this in the SC side as well, but here it goes:

went on a camping/fishing vacation up to a camp site there at the hill with Brian (whompachomp) and travis (both of who yall met at the HR social) as well as travis's "better" half Ashley and his pops. They make this trip once a year at this time, and this is my 2nd year giving it a shot.

on the way there just before getting there, you could see Lots of Tornado damage in the town (forgot the town name) from those bad storms just days prior.

anywho to the fishing part. the water was BAD MUDDY on the first day. it was so muddy and trashy that my motor had a hard time running because it kept sucking up garbage and clogging up the water line. there were whole trees on the main lake and hard to navigate. i made a long run to the upper dam where i found a small patch of clear water, and pulled planner boards up there with little luck. only small blues. ran down by camp and set up before dark and the only bite i got was a 22ish lb blue.

2nd day it was still bad muddy, but a bit better then days prior. myself and whompachomp ran to the dam again to find a few fish busting along the jetty up there. brian hooked up first with about a 8 lb striper, then we started catching a few decent hybrids until the fish moved out, and the storms rolled in. headed to camp with 5 hybrids and 2 striper. Travis and his party had bout 4 or so hybrids they caught elsewhere as well as a BIG 16 lb channel cat.

3rd day it was a total turn around.....morning started out slow, but the water started to clear up, and the fish started biting in the evening. dont know the total amount of fish caught, but it was in the 30's with more bigger fish in the evening.

every other day after that is gonna sound like a broken record....limits every day up until yesterday morning when i left. we'd fish til bout mid morning until everyone had a limit, then net bait in the afternoon for the next day. a few of the hybrids were pushing 7 lbs. 2nd to last day i landed a 12-13 lb striper, then another the next day around 8-9 lbs which i released since i had plenty of meat already.

the last day there i witnessed a 29, 26, and 21 lb striper caught AND RELEASED all around me. yesterday morning i had my shot at a big striper when he screamed drag down river about 60+ yards then he decided to go into the 1 and only lay down on the whole river. pulled anchor to get him out....the moment i got the boat right over him, he caught a 2nd wind, spooked, and broke off at the leader. caught a good look at him before he waived goodbye......he was in the 20's but oh well cant catch em all i guess.

had a blast, with a great crew, and hopefully we can do it again next year. didnt take many pictures because my boat stayed drenched the whole trip from some rain as well as from throwing the cast net daily. Ashley was the designated picture taker, and i will post more pictures whenever i get them e-mailed to me. my boat suffered a lot of damage from the rocks, and the abuse from river fishing, but it was worth it! came home with 10 1 gallon bags loaded with fillets (hybrids/white bass/perch), and another limit if 5+ lb hybrids caught the morning before departure.

here are the few pics that i took for now:

12ish lb striper

Fat limit of hybrids with a measuring tool:

Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Yum Yum! Thank's Pete, just got thru frying the whole bag.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good job pete...sounds like ya'll had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats some nice catchn there...its a dang shame ya gotta go so far to get into some of that action...are your fingers healin yet.