HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Salamonie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salamonie

Anyone fished salamonie lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIM701
    Anyone fished salamonie lately?
    Hi Jim, I fished the Salamonie Saturday from 7:00 am til 3:00 pm and caught a ton of small crappie and a ton of small white bass . I was spider rigging from 10' to 19' and only caught six that were keepers. 10" -11". The water was 84. Deg. and storms moving across the sky north of me . All were caught on minnows. I did all my fishing in the majenica creek and monument island area. Have you been fishing it any? Hope this helps...........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by treepotato
    Hi Jim, I fished the Salamonie Saturday from 7:00 am til 3:00 pm and caught a ton of small crappie and a ton of small white bass . I was spider rigging from 10' to 19' and only caught six that were keepers. 10" -11". The water was 84. Deg. and storms moving across the sky north of me . All were caught on minnows. I did all my fishing in the majenica creek and monument island area. Have you been fishing it any? Hope this helps...........treepotato
    I havent been over there since spring and was thinking about hitting it again when the weather cools down.I think we need to keep alot of those little ones to clear it out.Way to many small ones in there.Thinking there is not enough food for them to get very big.I think if they were thinned out a little it might give them a chance to get bigger.Ton of little ones in there.I dont know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIM701
    I havent been over there since spring and was thinking about hitting it again when the weather cools down.I think we need to keep alot of those little ones to clear it out.Way to many small ones in there.Thinking there is not enough food for them to get very big.I think if they were thinned out a little it might give them a chance to get bigger.Ton of little ones in there.I dont know?
    The little ones taste better anyways.

crappie65 Guest

The little ones taste better anyways

No they dont its the big ones who put up the best fight and taste the best.

Its no fun catching a lot of small ones. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by crappie65; 11-17-2005 at 02:19 PM.

crappie65 Guest

Thumbs down

sorry bout that my cousn wrote it
    Last edited by crappie65; 11-21-2005 at 03:08 PM.