Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Zabasearch

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zabasearch

www.zabasearch.com Is anyone familiar with this website? I usually don't fool with forwarded emails but a friend at work gave me a copy of one sent to him. It said that you can go to this site & get a lot of personal info about almost anyone. Well, I typed in my name & up popped my address. (I didn't realize there were so many people with the same name as me in NC.) I tried a couple of friend's names that don't have computers & got their addresses, phone #s & even one date of birth. My friend said you can send an email & request that your name be removed from this database. My concern is that this is just a ploy to get your email address & even more info from you. I realize that you can do this on other search engines but they call this "Google on steroids." Any thoughts?
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the "information age" is that you can find just about anything about anyone with a minimum of effort. These sites, zaba, google, etc., only make getting the info easier by allowing people to get the stuff quickly and easily. The only thing that is listed on these sites is information that has been posted or listed in a public domain somewhere, at sometime. Think about this, if you take out an add in a newspaper to sell a car, you've just put your name and phone number in public domain. If you get your name in the paper for some reason that lists your birthday, etc. etc. Makes you want to start being careful about how you share infromation that copuld be considered personal.
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

yeah Hawk that is what they say but my address is still on there after 4 request and a threatening letter - I have a letter to the Attorney General's Office in Raleigh to try to get something done about this
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!