Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Raising beemoths,,,, question?

rangerbull Guest

Default Raising beemoths,,,, question?

I have been raising my own beemoths and found it real easy to raise them. I get 300-400 hundred a week. I have one problem in raising them that maybe someone can guide me through. I don't have a problem with the moths laying eggs. My problem arises when they get to harvest size they start to cocoon over real quick. It is a on going process. When you go in a bait store and buy them they are not in a state to start webbing a cocoon, but mine go from one state to another very quickly/ How does a person slow this process down. I have put a couple hundred in the fridge at 40 degrees and they go dorment but as soon as they warm up they start webbing up again. Anybody got any ideals. thanks in advance. also if anyone needs info in raising them just give me a shout by email. Its pretty simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Beemoths

Hello RangerBull, Sure wish I could help you out but I don't know the answer. I would call Grubco and ask them, They are nice people and I think they will share the answer with you. I tried raising redworms this summer and have had bad luck with that. It get's so hot here in savannag Ga. in the summer I lost about half of my worms the first of july and had to move the rest inside to save them. Good luck on you venture. Jimmy S.

rangerbull Guest

Default thanks

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. I own a bait and tackle store here in central Indiana and I don't plan on selling them. I buy them from my wholesaler but I can get them to grow a lot bigger and I use them for my own use. I can get them to about a inch long and big around as a pencil. Can't buy them this way. lol thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

rangerbull, some time ago I was looking through info on raising beemoth. I was googling "raising waxworms" I recall there was mention of a mix they used to actually disolve the web. This may hold the web making process off long enough for them to market. My local bait shop gets the big sizes you spoke of , but from only one supplier. I don't think the dinky ones work as well. I went through a LOT of tubs this year. Mike