Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie King

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie King

Hi. Trying to get these messages to work. Know any other good places at Falls Lake for us bank fisherpeople? I went to the boat ramp/bridge area off Six Forks Road. Nice place but no fish. I didn't go at night, though. How do I get to the place off 85 north of Durham off the Creedmore exit you mentioned earlier? I live in extreme east Wake County. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Lake Bank Spots

You go 85 north from Durham until you go over Falls Lake. Its the first exit after the water (bridge). Stay to right once you get off exit. You will pass a store on your left that sells bait. You will need to make the first right after you pass store. As soon as you make that right you will see water on both side of road. You will also notice where cars have pulled over to side of road. Park there and fish on the right side of road. This is a great night spot but havent had any luck in the day.

As for the six forks spot I have never had luck there during day. But, when it cools some if you go opposite of the boat launch and fish under the bridge with lights it will produce good fish. I use to fish there off rocks at night all the time, but during the summer i dont because of snakes. I cut that out. Now that I have a boat I just went out there the other night and caught 3 bass, 2 cats, and one crappie. I didnt have my lights that night because I was bass fishing but I did catch fish there. Hope this helps you Ms. Catfish. Let me know if I can be any more help. I do have a couple more spots some I will not post on here. But, a few I can. So let me know if you want to try more out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Lake spots

Hi Crappie King. The place that one takes 85 north from Durham to get to sounds like a place off Old Weaver Road, with an iron railing that you can sit on as long as you keep your eyes down to watch for snakes. I've been there in the spring and caught some fine crappie when I wasn't fighting off the snakes. I know that fishing at night is the best, but I'm not too keen about doing that. At night more than snakes hang around the water in dark places.
    Yes, I'd like to know about some more places at Falls Lake where we lady bank fishing folks can get to. There is another way you can send the info through Crappie.com. Thank you so much for your help. Ms. Catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

No, at that spot on 85 you can't sit on the iron railing you have to walk down a small hill and you will be sitting on a concrete wall. At that wall the water runs under the road to the other side and fishing right there at the entrance there will be a varity of species swimming through there. It is not that bad at night, most snakes I have seen there are in the water. As long as you have good light you will see everything around you.

Another good little place to fish. Go up 15-501 north from Durham towards Roxboro. You will pass a bait shop on the left to stop for bait. After you get your bait you keep north and you will go through a light. After the light there will be a sign for Treyburn, make right. Go about 2-3 miles. You will go over a bridge. Once over bridge make a right. It is called Little River. It is only open on weekends. There are probably some of the best crappie spots I have found in this area. It cost 4 dollars to row boat, and 13 to rent a trolling motor/boat and a couple dollars to fish off bank. They open at 6 on weekends. So, you need to be there at around 5-5:30. It will be packed. If you can get a boat though, you are in for a good day of fishing. This is my crappie bread and butter spot but they only open it a couple days a week to fish. There are beaver dams (crappie kingdom) all over the place and you will see all the boats fishing under the bridge for crappie. If you go make sure you have a good crappie kit. Red/char, black/char, and yell/white jigs have hit better than minnows on days. Good luck let me know if you want more. Now that I got a boat, I can tell all my bank spots. I have hidden ponds in middle of woods, if you want to know them also.
    Last edited by Crappie King; 09-05-2004 at 01:01 PM.