Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Pro Crappie 175

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Pro Crappie 175

Does anyone on this board fish out of a tracker crappie pro 175?

I would be interested in hearing those members opinions on the boat.

Please don't respond if you just kicked the tires and chose some other brand. I want to hear from actual owners.

One thing I like about the interior layout it seems your partner can fish from "inside" the boat too, instead of on top of it...I notice alot of crappie boats allow the guy in the bow to sit on a low deck, while still requiring the guy in the back to ckimb up on a high deck. From the pictures I have seen you have the option of folding up some of the deck and positioning a seat in center back of boat. I don't have a dealer near by so i have only seen the boat online and in Bass Pro catalog.

Any owner opinions on the boat? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine! I fish anything from crappie to catfish and it works for me and anybody that goes with me. It gets way back in the stickups and creek channels. I also have an extra seat on a pedastal that a third man in the middle can fish comfortably. I suggest no smaller than a 50hp though. Have any questions just shout.

Wichita
    Likes BlacqPhins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Like It!!!

I have a 2000 model and I really like it..As most 17.5' boats you get more than 3 people you run out of room...But it works great for two people..And like already has been said get as big a motor as you can.. I don't know about the new ones but mine has a max motor size of 75hp.. I wished that is what was on mine.. Mine has a 40 on it and it is alittle under powered.Especially with 3 people.
    I like having the lower deck for when I have my kids with me, just allittle safer.
    As has already been said it is a great all around boat...It will take bigger water and small alike. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2005 model I love it. I like the fact that front and back both have live wells and bait wells.....that way the guy in the back isn't walking up front to get a minnow every time he loses one. Mine has a 4-stroke 60hp Merc. on it and will top out @ about 35mph with two people and gear in it. My opinion that is fast enough but.....others may differ. Might be a little cramped by the time you get trolling motor....depth finder....anchor winches....etc. But to be expected with a 17 fter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 02 model and it's a pretty good boat. My biggest complaint is the lack of storage. Make sure you upgrade from the satandard 25 up. I have a 40 hp and wish I had bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Wichita,
    Why did you put the guides on the side of the trailer?
    I'm getting ready to buy the same boat in June.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response guys. On the newer models I saw you can remove some of the back deck and have a center seat post that is down in the boat as opposed to being up on the back deck? I saw one picture like that on the Tracker website. My partner is a older man and would be more comfortable fishing in the boat instead of "on top" of it.

Also, I notice on the crappie model the went with a 54" bottom instead of the 60" they have on the 17' bass boat (guess they figure crappie fishermen don't move around as much) ...is the 54" pretty stable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick from Lafayette View Post
    Wichita,
    Why did you put the guides on the side of the trailer?
    I'm getting ready to buy the same boat in June.
    Guides were already on the trailer when I bought it. It sure makes loading a snap especially on windy days. If I'm not mistaken all the Crappie 175 have seat brackets for the rear passenger for on top and on the bottom of the deck. My Dad sometimes gets a little lightheaded and moves back down inside the boat.
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

I love my 2006 model with a 2005 Mercury four stroke on it. For two people, it is great. There is a livewell and a baitwell at each end of the boat.

I'm not as fond of the interior layout of the 2007s and beyond.

Here are a few pictures of my rig:

Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great Boat-Crappie 175!

In reference to the question about the Bass Tracker Crappie 175, I have a 2003 model with a 40 hp on it. I would highly reccomend do not skimp on the engine or electronics. The 40 is underpowered when you have more than 2 in the boat. However, I have had no problems with the boat other than a difficult time putting gas in it. I have to unscrew the device where the gas goes in at and stretch it out to get air in it and then gas will go in!! Love the boat! If you live near lower Alabama near Mobile, a guy by the name of Tim Fowler works at Tracker Marine in Spanish Fort! Great guy! He can answer any questions you may have!

Take care-
    PPace42

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast