Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OPEC is ripping us off....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OPEC is ripping us off....

I feel like OPEC has shoved an oil pipe up my butt and is drilling me. This is nothing but greed, which the big oil companies are big players. Why do we give these greedy pinheads tax breaks and incentives? Your opinion?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I feel like OPEC has shoved an oil pipe up my butt and is drilling me. This is nothing but greed, which the big oil companies are big players. Why do we give these greedy pinheads tax breaks and incentives? Your opinion?
    Actually its called "Drill Stem" I have read all comments on this and other foreums, we gettin it put to us.
    I believe the old law of "supply & Demand" can and will work, we as consumers must cut back on our Demand. Im sure we all heard if we stop purshasing fuel for 1 day or even 2 days it will have some effect, weel lets try it.

Post Thanks / Like

OPEC? I heard on the news that our major oil companies are reporting huge profits. If it was OPEC id think the profit margin across the board four oil companies would be fairly constant, no matter what OPEC charged for oil. Its our own greedy people thats sticking it to us in a huge way.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    OPEC sure is sticking it to us---but when they put gasoline on the board of trade in 1983 ,we are seeing very few traders controling the price and lining their pockets with unheard profits
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Greed...! Bass - terds!!!

Gas is $2.55 a gallon here right now for the cheap stuff! This sucks. Don't the oil barrons realize they are killing America's small business's? Just keep killing off free enterprise with your rediculous greed! When the little die off, or suffer horrible difficulties, so will the large...eventually! Talk about killing the incentive to buy America's gas guzzling, profit raising SUV market. Look at what is happening to GM right now. It is surely related. Good job guys!

My attempt to fight this is to just put $5 in at a time into my car. It requires way more stops at the pumps, but I will continue to do this until prices get realistic again. If everyone did the same thing, the gas consumption and demand will appear to be taking a significant nose dive to the thieves controlling oil prices.

I am done ranting, but I sure wish we were ALL done being raped by the oil barrons!

<*}/>{ Ripped off Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vote???

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Did you fill up the new truck last night or this morning?

I am going to bite my tongue on this thread and sit back and see what others say. I just deleted my initial response which was over 400 words easily. LOL

I will just say that I agree with you Tom. Just wish I could do something about this situation. Other than buying bicycle and never driving a gasoline powered vehicle ever again there is not much this guy can do by himself.

Remember the thread I started last year on this very subject?

There is one other thing that you all can do to help. VOTE!
    Whats the big deal on voting, its COUNTING the votes that matters!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas prices

Are we getting screwed by the big oil companies? YES!!!
    How long will this happen? Until Americans a a whole say "ENOUGH".
    Don't expect any help from the White House, Bush money is tied to petroleum.
    Will it affect the economy? How can it not change the way people drive?
    How about the families that live from paycheck to paycheck just barely making ends meet?
    Since Saudi Arabia harbors terrorist, maybe we should invade them and get the oil for ourselves. :D
    Am I unhappy with fuel prices? You bet your sweet a**!!

HAVE A NICE DAY :D

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused what voting would have to do with it, though I'm
    all for voting, big business controls what really goes on, our foreign policy
    etc. Do some of you really think gas would drop if the Democrats were in
    power? I'm not saying it would or wouln't, I'm really asking. I'm just
    a pessimist, and think we're screwed on several fronts with either party.
    My personal feelings, we should strip the Federal govt. of just about all
    power, save keeping up the military. Then, if there are problems, I could
    get in the truck and just drive to the state capitol, along with eveyone
    else, and get in someone's face if need be. I am afraid that the rural
    folks like myself are in for nothing but hard times to come, with all policy
    determined by someone in New York City or California.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the prices also but this is what kills me.....

The price of a barrel of oil went up Wedn, by Friday the price at the pump went up. There is no way they can bring oil in the US, refine it, and deliver it to the pump in 2 days. But by doing this way they can start making more money sooner.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Price Gouging!!I agree with gmpartsman,just invade the damn country and make it a U.S. territory!!Bet the prices would come down then, but only if we control Bush and his cronnies!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast