Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12 or 13 ft pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 or 13 ft pole

Where can I buy a quality 12 or 13 ft pole capable of lifting slabs out of brush. Is there a custom builder that comes highly recommended on this site.Thanks in advance.
    Geno

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    Where can I buy a quality 12 or 13 ft pole capable of lifting slabs out of brush. Is there a custom builder that comes highly recommended on this site.Thanks in advance.
    Geno
    Check out the BnM poles at the top of the page and you can also check here http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=8205
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    Geno
    Geno;; I guess you'll have to specify Slabs. I use 12ft, 14ft, & 16ft B&M's to pull 1 to 2 1/2 pd crappie out of brush tops. but when you talk about (lifting) 3pd crappie out of the water usally it will tear their lips out and you'll lose him, Are you breaking your poles lifting them out or when your trying to pull them up threw the brush, when they wrap themselves around a limb.

Post Thanks / Like

key boar gon stupi will ans as soon as repair. geno

Post Thanks / Like

Wife holding out on me, she new it was going bad an already had a new one waiting for me to raise hell about it. Know back to slabs. I consider a slab 1 1/2 or bigger an let me tell you they are few an far between. Went fishing last week with a pro an he showed me a lot of new tricks an if I plan on ever fishing a tournament I feel I will need a long pole probably 2 or 3. The co that builds his poles wont build me any that is longer than mine (pi$$ed me off) so Im looking. Would like a pole with a little more back bone than a B M. If you guys use them succesfully Im willing to give them a try they sure a lot cheeper then his. thanks for the info. Geno

Post Thanks / Like

Of course no pole is unbreakable I have broke Just about every type they make at one time or another I like B&M & south bend, When I'm fishing I'm allways on the look out for people who have got mad, broke their pole & throwed it out on the bank or in the water, And when i break my poles i keep them and find others then i make my own poles up out of the broke ones.My brother in law last month bought a 14ft B&M, first top we got in that morning, He popped about 10" of the end. boy was he mad. he said i just bought that &*##* pole two days ago and now look! I did'nt say anything just told him to pick up one of mine and get to fishing. Got home he left his pole in the boat, i took it out wnet to the cubbard opened it up i"ve got about 10 or 12 busted poles took a section off one fixed for him. next time we went fishing i told him he had a 16ft 4" pole now, The moral of the story, Never throw your busted poles away just make new ones out of them.