Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bully Dog chips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bully Dog chips

I bought a 2008 Ford with a 5.4. I have been thinking of buying a chip for it to increase fuel economy. I was wondering if any of you fellows have had any experience with these chips.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    I bought a 2008 Ford with a 5.4. I have been thinking of buying a chip for it to increase fuel economy. I was wondering if any of you fellows have had any experience with these chips.
    Hey pox,

All sorts of chips here. One prob fit a Ford.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-11-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I thought about it, Rusty ...

... back when I had my '94 S10 Chevy Blazer with the enhanced 4.3L Vortec V6 (200hp) :p .... but, when I looked it up, they didn't offer one for it ... dang thing was already chipped, I guess :D (guess that's why it was called "enhanced" and had 200hp )

Now my truck is a 4.7L V8 270hp .... and I'm getting better gas milage from it, simply from changing from Super America gas .... to Shell gas

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I know they can make an electronic-injection-pumped diesel run like a scalded dog and smoke like a freight train, and get better mileage when you drive like you got some sense. No experience with them for a gas burner. There's a number of different brand chips/programmers out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 7.3 liter diesel . I bought a chip for it when diesel went through the roof last summer. It was 400 bucks but paid for itself in no time. I keep it in the tow mode but it is awesome. Worth every penny in better mileage and power. An like someone said, if you keep your foot out of the pedal you will manage fuel well and wont hurt longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Pox -

If the warranty is important to you, I would check the ramifications of an aftermarket chip BEFORE I installed it.

I know a guy that put one in to ramp up the power to pull a large camping trailer. It didn't work properly and he had troubles at the dealer when he tried to have it corrected...good luck.

mg
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Hey pox,

WOW! I've seen plenty of Beavers slappin their tails around these parts in my life. I ain't never seen one that big or his personal "chip" as well. Can you imagine the size of those cow patties? They would be big enough to supply heat throughout a cold night.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

PPE has the better tuner. But it's also more $$$ than the Bully Dog. I've used both on diesels. JMO
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

You calling me out like Moose did you?....

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Hey pox,

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that ran a ford deisel with superchips, said he got about 2-3 mpg better, then he bought a 4 wd duramax duelly and has the bully dog system in it, said he only gets 1-2 mpg better, (if you get the bully dog, DO NOT put it on the Crazy Larry setting, you will tear something up)

Myself and a co-worker were talking about the K&N air filters, so we both bought one, he drives a ford 4wd and we have a gmc 2wd,(Both Gas) he got right at 3 mpg better, and we got 2.8 mpg better. cost me $53 for the filter, but it will make that up in just a little while.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast