Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shelbyville

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Post shelbyville

I See They Have Posted [no Fishin ] At The Docks At Lithia Springs ---is That Legal Or Are They Just Blowin Smoke ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I sure they can keep you from fishing their docks but as far as you coming up to their docks and fishing from a boat I can't see them saying anything . The water belongs to the Army Corps of Enginers . I could be wrong but that is how I see it and until I'm told otherwise I would still fish around there .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Signs are most like to keep folks from fishing off the docks. They can do that but as far as the water surrounding and under the docks that is federal property. Finley Marina has signs posted that only slip renters are allowed to fish from the docks.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default docks

the signs they put up are on the water side at the ends of the docks
    about the only way to see them is by boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default docks

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    the signs they put up are on the water side at the ends of the docks
    about the only way to see them is by boat
    Frank - just go ahead and fish right from the docks and tell them you didn't see the signs. If they point out the signs to you, tell them since they face the water, you figure they were only for the boaters. lol
    Ken

Wardy Guest

I supect the signs are for the folks who won't give way to the boats, like to burn holes in the docks with lanterns, cut shad and clean fish on the pier. It can be a real mess if not controlled. Getting permission may be a better way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelbyville

Frank - I want you to know the post I made regarding the no fishing signs at the marina were made with "tongue in cheek." I agree 100 per cent with the statements Wardy made in his post. Years ago a landowner gave me permission to hunt doves and told me I didn't need to contact her every year as I had permission to hunt as long as she owned the land. I still make it a point to call her every season prior to opening day just to let her know I appreciate the privilege of being able to hunt her land. The abuse that Wardy mentioned in his post is quite observable at the airport pond where I fish. The authorities have placed two large barrels at the gate for trash and yet you will find empty pop bottles, old bait containers, etc strewn about the property. I always make it a point to carry out more than I carried in. It only takes a few jerks to ruin it for everyone.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Post shelbyville

Guys I Was,nt Wanting On The Docks Themselves -- One Of My Boys Has A Houseboat There So I Could Get To It If I Wanted [i Think] Haha ---but Someone Has Posted No Fishin Signs Non The Outside Edge To Try And Keep Boaters Out--- I Think The Ranger 375 Was Right About The Feds. Owning The Water But I Have,nt Talked To Any Legal Eagles Either Lol

Post Thanks / Like

after work,i went to shelbyville and picked up some nice keeper crappie in the 10 to 11 inch range around rocks from the bank.caught em in 3-6 feet of water.a few dinks,but most of the catches were keepers.1/32oz jig,always the key for me.
    "It's not the size of the jig,It's how you use it!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angler73
    after work,i went to shelbyville and picked up some nice keeper crappie in the 10 to 11 inch range around rocks from the bank.caught em in 3-6 feet of water.a few dinks,but most of the catches were keepers.1/32oz jig,always the key for me.

Did you use minnows Angler?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast