Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie tree

Thanks guys for the info on the free crappie tree....been wanting to try them and or build one of my own....now will get off my duff and give it a whirl :D

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hog, be sure to place them where you can relocate them easily as they don't show up well on a depthfinder. I won't ever put them out on a large flat anymore. I've got a few that I've never found again since I put them out.

I use a Garmin Etrex Camo GPS but it is not WAAS inabled. The accuracy is only guaranteed to 100 feet.

When I put more PVC attractors out I am going to place them along the breakline of the creek or river channel edges. This way I'll drop a bouy when the GPS says I'm close then I'll mark the channel edge 20 yards or so to each side. Then I should be able to locate the PVC by fishing back and forth between the bouys.

Even though you probably won't see the PVC on your graph and you probably won't hang up on it you should feel your line sliding over the pipes and you will most likely catch a fish when you contact the bed.

Good Luck!

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the zoom option and raise the sesitivity on your unit, the pvc stuff will show up. I can see them on my Garmin 168 unit.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default pvc

thanks guys.....i 2 have a gecko.....jerry blake turned me onto them....mine however was stolen from my truck during vacation...but i have my dads as well....will be sure to mark it well....lol :p

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY