Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck CreeK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck CreeK

I have been fishing Duck Creek hard the past week with very little sucess. The weather doesnt help much but I just cant get on any fish there. Is anyine else doing any good there? Im new to fishing Duck Creek but I have tried numerous tactics that seem like they should work. I have only caught 4 crappie. They were big crappie; I just cant catch the numbers. Is this normal?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished Duck Creek in years. There used to be some monsters in there. I just hate fighting the moss!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

There are some piggies in there--but you're generally not going to catch a lot of them. North end of the lake is usually hot in March-April, but you may not be able to get to it if all the lilly pads are up. I did really good this time of year last year just jigging around trees in 8 ft of water or so, be patient and have the net ready-- there's usually one big 'un per tree. Also, I never caught squat out there when it was sunny and calm--the rainy, nasty days were always best.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done any good over there either. The only time I've ever done any good was bass fishing the pads when it's so hot you can't hardly get you're breath.