Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Placing PVC Attractors

Post Thanks / Like

Question Placing PVC Attractors

I've had fair to good luck placing cane beds and brushpiles. Fairly easy to relocate and they hold good amounts of fish from time to time. But my success with PVC attractors has not been so successful.

Now one thing I have learned from reading posts is that they may not have been in long enough to have enough algae growth yet. Some have been in since last winter but I really only fished them shortly after putting them in.

Another thing I think I did wrong is that I put several in on flats and they are next to impossible to find again.

I would like to hear from some of you guys on where I should place my next PVC beds so that they may be a little easier to find again and would attract crappie a little better.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

We have installed numerous PVC attractors on Pickwick lake with great success. They are located near creek channel drops just like our wood attractors. We use an H pattern for beds that we plan on vertical jigging. For trolling we drop them in a straight line along the top of the drop parallel to deep water. Usually give them at least one month before fishing. They have to be in the correct depth for the time of the year you are fishing. But like wood structers I have installed some that does not produce very well (reason unkown). The only way for me to locate them is with a GPS. If you do not have one I suggest you should think about getting one. Hope this helps.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Moose, that's what I've been thinking about doing with mine also. I have a couple of cans of spray foam insulation that I was thinking about using in the tops. Do you think that would work and I'm also wondering about its effect on fish. I have some of the the noodles you are thinking about using, I guess if I put them together at night the kids won't notice they are gone!!!....
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that if you use something like a milk jug or similar that has air in it that it will show up nice and strong on your DF. Maybe something to think about with the PVC attractors. Seems like a lot of folks are having trouble finding them after placement.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Pontoon Guest

I have been watching, reading and learning on this website all summer but just registered today so I can post. I just started crappie fishing last year with some of my friends and got hooked. I have been fishing pretty hard this spring and summer on my own and have not caught a whole lot but I am trying to learn how, when & where to fish so a lot of my time is spent watching the fish finder and learning. Anyway we put out some PVC sets about two weeks ago and I had read on here that they were hard to find & see on the fish finder. I have a Lowrance 332C and we marked the spot with GPS and then dropped the sets. We were able to watch the set fall to the bottom on the graph and they stand out like a sore thumb on the 332C when you go over the top of one of them.