Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good weather today

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good weather today

Met a friend at Morris Ferry this mornin and we had a go at the Crappie. Now Hank doesn't get to fish much due to his age, pushin 80. So off we went into the cold, Thank God it warmed after an hour or so. We rode around above the bridge for a bit but didn't like the color of the water. It's still pretty colored. So we went below to a couple of flats and put about a dozen in the cooler there.While we were there the muddy water came thru like a cloud and the bite slowed. Then wound em up and moved closer to the Dam. Water much clearer there and the wind had settled down. We found a couple of drop offs and added a few more to the count. Tried some shallows but didn't find anyone home. We called it a day with18 keepers for my guests freezer. A good day spent with a good friend, and a few fish as the icing on the cake. Gonna have to get Fishawk to give me some more deep water lessons, saw them but no takers. Thanx for reading.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good gesture Skeet. I'm sure he had a great time.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

I like that guy you took fishing.I bet he had a ball.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He did. Stop n see him and watch his face light up when you ask about his trip. And it's no gesture, He's a good friend. We're just visitin'.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around