Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BnM FloatNFly use?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM FloatNFly use?

I stopped by local tackle shop near home Tuesday after attempting to collect some shad for bait, feline bribery, and catfish feed. The owner of the store had some 9 ft BnM FloatnFly rods marked down to 20 bucks each. Since I'm a sucker for bargains and too cheap to get a custom rod he had on display, I got one or two :rolleyes: He had a barrel of em too. I probably wont use the float n fly method much but I'd try other things. What other use could I get out of the float n fly rod?
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

They should have enough back bone to them that you could use them to pull cranks if you really wanted to. I like the bnm float n fly for the reason that they do have more back bone to them than the standard crappie dipping rods. The duckwirth float n fly is pretty sweet too.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent crappie rod. I use mine with a small cork and jig. Unfortunatly I broke mine in half just today. My fault. I closed a door on it. Wish I was close to the place where the guy has them on sale.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking If I didn't already have ....

Quote Originally Posted by whiskerwhipper View Post
    I stopped by local tackle shop near home Tuesday after attempting to collect some shad for bait, feline bribery, and catfish feed. The owner of the store had some 9 ft BnM FloatnFly rods marked down to 20 bucks each. Since I'm a sucker for bargains and too cheap to get a custom rod he had on display, I got one or two :rolleyes: He had a barrel of em too. I probably wont use the float n fly method much but I'd try other things. What other use could I get out of the float n fly rod?
    ... two of the Duckworth BnM FloatnFly 8ft rods, I'd have you buy me some of those :p

I was a fieldtester for BnM, for the Duckworth model (short handle w/balance weight system) ... and it's a fine rod. I have, but rarely use it for float-n-fly type presentations (bobber/jig). Mostly I use them to cast with ... using the length to compensate for wind blown line slack, when using light jigs in windy conditions. Wouldn't be afraid to use them for just about any type of presentation method (and I've even shot docks with them :p ) ... but, the short handle on the Duckworth model is not conducive to rod holder use. The BnM Float & Fly rod has a longer handle, and would be a much better candidate for rod holder use.

At $20 apiece ... you could get 3 rods for the original price of just one (and a much better rod than the normal $20 sales rods, like Berkley's or Shakespeare's models) For that price, you could even put a inexpensive reel on it, and use it for a minner/tightline outfit ... an still be ahead of the game.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 of them that I pull jigs with and I really like them.

Post Thanks / Like

hey whisker, if you ever put some rod holders on your bathtub of a boat, you could use em for longline trolling.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to get a deal like that.