Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelbyville

Put in at Whitley this morning around 6 am and fished till 10 am . Fished from Whitley to Coal Shaft trying to see if I could find some Crappie . Went to at least 25 different spots . I could see lots of fish on my Hummin Bird but I couldn't get them to bite . I caught 1 short fish and had several hits . On a positive note they ( Crappie ) should have plenty to eat . The shad was thick any where you went . Water temp was in the lower 80s , color was clear to slightly stained . It was a good day to use my GPS and learn how to use it better . Maybe I'll hit the South end the next time I go over . Don't know when it will be but hopefully it's soon .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelbyville

A friend stopped by today and said he put in at coal shaft bridge yesterday and fished a few spots that have produced crappied this time of year in previous years. The only place he found fish was at the coal shaft bridge and although he caught several, nothing went over 9 to 9.5 inches. He also thought the crappie looked thin. Can't figure that out with all the shad that have been reported that are available.
    Ken

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default shelbyville

fished lithia area this week ---caught several 9-9i/2 that were to fat to get in the funnel--first time I,ve ever seen that ,maybe thats why its hard to catch the bigger fish ? had one about 11 turned it loose
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelbyville Oct 10th 2005

Put in at Whitley today and met up with Frank Lawhead and his wife . Very nice people . I showed them some brush piles that I have marked on my GPS but they weren't producing very well . We finally figured out that they ( Crappie ) were shallow and holding tight to cover . We caught sever shorts . We ended up with 10 keepers and I bonus 15 inch White Bass .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish21759
    Put in at Whitley today and met up with Frank Lawhead and his wife . Very nice people . I showed them some brush piles that I have marked on my GPS but they weren't producing very well . We finally figured out that they ( Crappie ) were shallow and holding tight to cover . We caught sever shorts . We ended up with 10 keepers and I bonus 15 inch White Bass .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Kevin,

Last thursday I put in at Bo Woods and fished hard for 6-7 hours without pulling even a short fish over the side of the boat! I saw a lot on the finder but couldnt get a bite. I am not familiar with shelbyville (yet) but plan on going back in a week or so... Fished Clinton Lake yesterday and caught a few that averaged around 8" or so. Hopefully the crappit are starting to heat up!

Good Luck!

Bo
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

MY wife and I spent Saturday and half of Sunday on Shelbyville. Put in at Lithia and caught one keeper and many dinks. Everyone else I talked to said they were lucky just to get a tap so we didn't feel so bad...water temp was 67. Did see one young fella pull in a 38 inch musky across the cove from us tho..was fun to see how excited he was when his buddy netted the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

10/14/05
    Put in at Whitley today around 9am . Went up to the Sullivan Marina and within 5 minutes I had a keeper in my boat . Ran up the river a little ways and all I caught was several short fish . Went to coal shaft and fished the SE side and again several shorts . Moved to the NE side and found one tree that held some nice fish . 2 of these fish were just over 10 and 3 of them were 11 to 12 1/2 inches long . Ran up to the habor and found an area that the fish were biting . I caught 6 more keepers from 11 1/2 to 13 inches and was able to cull the 2 littlest fish . Water temps are rising any where from 60 to 65 degrees . Fish are in any where from 2 to 5 feet deep on structure . Best color today was a 2 inch chartruse tube on a 1/16 ounce ball jig . Going back on Saturday to see if I can catch some more .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin
    Are you refering to Finlay Marina in your statement "Ran up to the habor and found an area that the fish were biting"

There are some brush piles back beyond the boat docks that frequently hold fish.

I may try to go some tomorrow myself. Ran out of supplies for home improvement project. Will go get rest of material probably Sunday. Will be Tuesday before I can get back on it. Going to Indy Monday morning.

Glad to hear the conditions are improving.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

10/15/05

We was on the water by 6am (still dark) and just idled for a while around Whitley area . Went to my first spot and my son lost a keeper on his first dip and I caught some shorts . Went to my second spot and had 4 keepers in 5 minutes .Moved up and down the same area and caught a couple more keepers and they quit biting about 7:15 We moved from spot to spot and caught a lot of shorts and 1 or 2 more keepers . Around noon they started hitting again and by 2pm we had a total of 15 keepers and a bonus 4 lbs Walleye . Biggest fish was 13 3/4 inches and the smallest was a 10 inch squeaker . They were still shallow 1 to 4 feet deep around structure . Tried deep but no takers . Colors were orange/chartruse and straight chartruse 2 inch tubes on 1/16th ounce ball jigs chartruse in color . Water temp was 60 to 64 degrees . Going back Wedsday to fish with Frank Lawhead and his wife on the south end . I would have stayed longer but I had to go home and go out to dinner with my wife and my brother and his wife .
    See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Shelbyville Oct. 19 2005
    Put in at Eagle Creek around 7am and went to a brush pile across from Eagle and in the first twenty minutes I caught 10 Crappie , 7 of them were keepers . All were 10 1/4 to 10 1/2 inches in length . I was useing orange and chartruse and chartruse 2 inch tubes on 1/16th ounce ball jigs . Left there and met up with Frank Lawhead and his wife . He showed me some spots that he has done well on and I marked then on my GPS . We caught several fish but none were keepers . The wind changed directions and maybe that affected the fishing . The fishing for me at least became a lot tougher . The keepers I did catch were in 5 to 6 feet of water on a breaking point in a brush pile . I was going to go back on Friday and Saturday on my days off but some one needed the time off more than I did (got screwed into working) . I'll find time to go back next week .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast