Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First Iowa Walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Iowa Walleye.

Got my first walleye since returning to Iowa after 20 some years all over the USA. Biggest was 21 1/2" and smaller one was 17". Not huge, but was right out back of our place from the river. Been a long time since catching walleye. Bigger one off a 1/8 ounce jig with 3" chartuese twister tail, smaller one off 1/16 ounce jig with a chartruese Kalins scrub. Got my blood flowing now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch homey homey dontcha know me!!!! Man them are nice eaters. Bet that got you acclimated to being back in the midwest!!! Shoot me yur address, I got some walleye stuff here I wanna give you, some Lindy rigs, I ferget all what, not alot but I aint using it and whenever I come back to visit you will be indebted to take me fishin. What river you catchin outta? Tributary of the Missouri? Miss ya man, hope all is going well. Shoot me a phone # again too.
    Hey I just looked at them again, can only see ones' tail broadside and no white that I see or came out in the pic. Sure you aint got a sauger there?
    Take care man, is April still as chilly, muddy, and floody as I remember? Looks dry and the grass is green in the pic.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fish! Congrats on the catch!
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoer View Post
    Nice catch homey homey dontcha know me!!!! Man them are nice eaters. Bet that got you acclimated to being back in the midwest!!! Shoot me yur address, I got some walleye stuff here I wanna give you, some Lindy rigs, I ferget all what, not alot but I aint using it and whenever I come back to visit you will be indebted to take me fishin. What river you catchin outta? Tributary of the Missouri? Miss ya man, hope all is going well. Shoot me a phone # again too.
    Hey I just looked at them again, can only see ones' tail broadside and no white that I see or came out in the pic. Sure you aint got a sauger there?
    Take care man, is April still as chilly, muddy, and floody as I remember? Looks dry and the grass is green in the pic.
    They are walleye. Hard to tell in the picture. These are out of the Little Sioux River. Not Big Sioux. It runs from northern Iowa and goes into Iowa Great Lakes then comes down thru Spencer, Cherokee etc. and ends up in the Missouri River. Lots of good walleyes in it, and catfish etc.
    Getting acclimated some to being back in the midwest, having fun. Hasn't been that wet so far or cold. No flooding here, in fact farmers are in the field as we speak.
    Sent you a PM. Send all your extra batteries!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch berdman,,glad to see you getting out,,did you get a job yet,,I lost mine at the end of March,,company shut down

Post Thanks / Like

No job yet. Slim and far between. Coming from out of state doesn't help much. Glad to be back in my home state, having fun with family and freinds. Sorry to hear about the job loss for you also. Keep in there man. Shoot with trying to do the job hunts, keep up with unemployment and some socializing I have hardly been fishing. Nice I got a decent river just out back the house, not many crappie, but good walleye and catfish. Take Care Diecutter.