Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mr crappie fishing string

Post Thanks / Like

Default mr crappie fishing string

i would like to here some imput on this name brand fishing twine.i am considering buying a spool of 6# . any input wpould be great
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsacalaitman
    i would like to here some imput on this name brand fishing twine.i am considering buying a spool of 6# . any input wpould be great

I love Mr. Crappie Line.....it is a great string for the price. I use it 90% of the time.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have always used Stren Hi-Vis yellow line but I too am thinking about giving the Mr. Crappie line a try.

I have owned a few Wally Marshall spinning rods and reels and for the money the quality was excellent!

CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mr Crappie 6 for my spiderrigging leaders it works very good if you will notice it says on the spool made in Germany as do many of the better lines like Maxima

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb never used it ...

but, I have "felt of it" ... on the line filler spool and on a Mr Crappie reel. I didn't care for it. It seemed stiff and wirey feeling, and when "bent" - seemed to stay that way. This was several years ago, and it was the "camo" version line. I don't know if it has changed.
    At that time I was using Trilene XT Solar (hi-vis green), and was looking for a softer line that was just as strong. Since then, Trilene has discontinued XT Solar and introduced Iron Silk Solar Mint. It seems to be the same color, but is a little less stiff. It is also (or seems to be) coated, making it slicker ... the XT seemed to be dry and rough feeling, in comparison. So far, I have no complaints about the Iron Silk.
    I've also started using PowerPro braid - the 8/1 Yellow hi-vis (8lb test/1lb diameter). It works very well on spinning reels, it's very limp, and it's very strong. The bright yellow color helps me see the line, and any movement of it. It's already been used to catch fish .. so it would seem that the color hasn't deterred any fish from biting (then again, neither has the "hi-vis green" Iron Silk). My fishing partner uses Stren Gold, for the most part ... and catches his share, along side me. He's ordered some PowerPro Yellow 10/2 and will be trying it out on our next trip. He even found a pair of Childs Fiskar scissors on sale for $0.99 - so he's "on ready", as we say. I think he will like the PowerPro ... and he probably won't miss as many hookups as he sometimes does (weak hookset). The "no stretch" properties of the PowerPro will make up for the lack of a proper "jerk" of the rod. And I won't have to keep reminding him to "set the hook" (with more authority) ....LOL!! .......luck2ya ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have used it...

...didn't care for it. I switched last year to 6# Ironsilk in solar mint. I keep 14# Ironsilk on my Mitchell 300X. Not much memory and it's pretty tough. My husband uses 4# lo-vis Trilene XL, but is thinking about switching to something else. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Good line for the dollars, I use it on the kids and loaner poles plus on some of my own. I have no complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some 4lb Mr. Crappie line and hated it. It is very strong, I would say that the 4lb is stronger than most 6lb line, but it kinked on the reel and felt like I was fishing with piano wire. I still have probably 2400 yds left on the spool, if someone wants it pm me an address and I'll send it your way.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sufix on the red spool. Its tough and very low memory. I use 6lb.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default mr crappie

thnx guys given all the feed back i think im going to stick with stren and trilene
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p