Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monday On Jordan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday On Jordan

Hawkeye and I fished Bush Creek for a couple of hours- one little male. Fished some of the laydown condos we put in- 3 small white perch. Last week, I caught 6 nice females from one of them, so finding no crappie on our condos was a kick in the tender parts.
    Went to White Oak Creek and joined the small flotilla fishing in 7-10 feet in the wind and caught 22 legals and about 30 small fish on every color you could imagine. Not one fish over 12". Fish were hugging the bottom, females were dropping eggs, males were black after a few minutes in the live well. I am concerned the cooler weather and falling lake level has moved them out of their preferred spawning grounds. This may mean another poor spawn and another bad sign for what I think is already a reduced crappie population. There are still plenty of fish in Jordan Lake, but the population has definitely been reduced in the last three years.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you chief. I dont fish Jordan but what I hear and read about the lake is a hugh difference from last couple of years. Falls lake is worse still. At least you got into some fish. You are subject not to even get a bite on Falls. I think we are seeing the results of last years drought on Falls. The fish really took a pounding. Maybe it will be better in a couple years. It makes me wonder about Kerr lake but you dont hear much about Kerr on this board or the Virginia board.