Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weiss v. neely henry

Post Thanks / Like

Default weiss v. neely henry

Went to weiss a few weeks ago and was talked to some fishermen that were staying at chestnut bay and they said that they had been fishing neely henry and was doing much better there than on weiss. they said that they followed a weiss lake guide down there and that the guide had been fishing that lake a whole lot this spring. Talked Tony (I believe) at Tony's Meats and he was saying that a lot of the guides had been fishing neely. What's the deal? Seems to me if the guides are going to neely, that should tell me something! What do you guys think? Which lake is hotter right now? This fall and next spring I may be going to neely, but I would like to hear a little discussion on this issue. Thanks!

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

The water just stays more at a consistent level than Weiss does. So it does not effect the bite has much
    Last edited by laserdoc; 04-13-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Weiss has been fished senseless for years now, its no doubt the quality is down

Post Thanks / Like

Neely doesn't get near as much fishing pressure as Weiss. We kinda like it that way

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught better fish on Logan Martin than either one. 2 pdrs are regular on that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shhhhh

There are NO crappie in Logan Martin....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss for Slabs

The bigguns are on Weiss. I live on Neely and always catch bigger slabs on Weiss.

Post Thanks / Like

That must have been us at chestnut bay.Camo pontoon,red triton.We followed terry whaley down to NH.he didn't say why and we didn't ask,we just got right in behind him when we got the chance.I suspect it's because of the pressure.he was not doing very good on weiss the week we were there.Seems like more fish on NH but the size is not like weiss imho.We did catch some big white crappie but not the 2lbers we were looking for.I don't see how there's a crappie left in weiss with that much pressure.One day in churchhouse cove we caught about 30 and at least half of em had been caught before.
    I think NH has more crappie than people,not the other way around like weiss.I think next year we are going to drive right on by weiss and head on down the river.All in all we had a good trip with a little over 400 keepers.But we caught 150 of em in 2 days at NH.Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss Much Better

Weiss is much better in every way,,,,,,,Neely Henry is close to the Mall and Great Restaurants but Weiss is the place to fish!

Post Thanks / Like

newlite I believe that was you I talked to at the fish cleaning station one night. I'm going to give neely a try. When the guides are going there that should tell you something. I may be wrong though. But I'll try it and see for myself. Are there any could cabin, motels, or resorts on neely? Any information would be appreciated.

Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast