Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default loz

fished the gravois arm this past saturday with slow results. new to loz for crappie fishing. been trying to find brush piles but most of the new docks are empty. thought about trying the mill creek area. any imput would be appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab slayer1 View Post
    fished the gravois arm this past saturday with slow results. new to loz for crappie fishing. been trying to find brush piles but most of the new docks are empty. thought about trying the mill creek area. any imput would be appreciated. thanks
    sounds like it was slow for all of us on LOZ

we ended up with 3 nice keepers on saturday and the neighbors went out for HOURS upon HOURS only to come back with 4

was a slow weekend

Post Thanks / Like

From what I'm reading and hearing I guess my brother and I had some beginners luck at loz. we had 23 keepers, most of them from 11 to 13 1/2 inches. we hadn't been on loz in several years, except being on it right below Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you guys who found it slow at LOZ. My neighbor knocked em dead Thurs and Fri, but I only caught 4 good size fish on Sat out of about 10. That wind seemed out of the east most of the day.

It was so bad I probably do it again next weekend.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

we will be giving it a go next weekend as well

one of us (not me) is going on wednesday for a couple hours, i will call him and see how he does!

Post Thanks / Like

The bite was better on the glaize sat after the fog burned off we caught em quick but after the sun got overhead and bright they shut down,we had limits of mostly males with a half dozen nice females thrown in,most came from brush in about 12' and the fish were suspended just over the top of the brush.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and I probably caught 20 keepers on Saturday. We were in coves off the main lake around the 7MM. I would think Mill Creek should be good, it generally is. My advice would be to fish inside of the docks, rather than on the outskirts. Probably 95% of our fish came that way, and not too deep either. We were fishing about 5' deep in water ranging from 6-15' deep. They were in the middle to backs of the coves. We started out with water temp of 49, and by 4:00pm it was 52 or so. I imagine it might be warmer up in the creeks in the Gravois, so you might concentrate shallower than we were. By the way, we released the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

You should never have to leave the gravois to catch slab crappie, it is the mecca. Wasn't Truman a president or something I heard that lake was good if you wanted to drop a lower unit not a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

The gravois is the place to be for big fish on loz no doubt...........the glaize was tough today we spider rigged over fish all mornin but only got 9 bites,we decided to pack it in with the wind blowin hard it just wasn't a whole lot of fun today.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, Do you spider rig by just kind of "tracing" the perimeters of docks? Also do you use minnows or jigs? I just got my Driftmasters set up and want to use them on LOZ, but I kind of get the feeling that it may not be well suited to LOZ. Hopefully you can tell me different!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast