Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be in Gatlinburg TN next week. Looking for someone to fish with.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm going to be in Gatlinburg TN next week. Looking for someone to fish with.

Man time flies. I've been so busy and this little vacation just caught up with me like real fast.

So, wifey's got some things already planned for next week but I'm open on Tues and Wed and would love to fish with a Crappie.com buddy if it can work out. I won't have a boat so I'd love it if me and my buddy Tom could go out with someone. Hopefully very near Gatlinburg if possible. Also, we'd be more than happy to pay our way (or more), in fact I would insist, as I know how gas prices are rising.

We're whitewater rafting on Thursday, by the way. Should be a fun trip. I've never been to the Smokies.

So, if anyone in the area wants to fish with Crappie.com Ed and have an article written about the experience, please post or PM me. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Slab; 08-10-2005 at 10:17 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the Smokies do not feed the bears they are wild and could hurt you. If you trout fish be sure to check the regs. Gatlinburg has city regs. Post on the tennessee board may get a bite. I would love to be there me and my wife are crazy about that area plenty of shopping for the women folk. The Burning Bush is a good place to eat breakfast. The peddler and the beer making place are good dinner places. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, if you are going to Trout fish in Gatlinburg plan on doing it on Friday.....They stock on Thursdays so no fishing on that day. They actually put some really nice trout in there. I just returned from Gatlinburg....the water is very low in most the streams and it actually has hurt the trout fishing. A good rain would help a bunch. Douglas lake is right out of Sevierville. It's probably tough fishing on it right now with the heat and all. I fished a nice smallmouth lake up near the area one time called (Chillhowie) Haven't a clue how to spell it. The water there is ice cold even this time of year. Might be something good to check about. Hope you have a nice trip. Be prepared to wait a little while in traffic. Also, go by the knifeworks place....it's pretty neat.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I used to fish Douglas Lake extensively for crappie when I lived in Gatlinburg, but now I live in Lake City, north of Knoxville, on the shores of Norris Lake....here are some tips for Douglas: fish Flat Creek-the upper part-troll chartreuse curly-tailed grubs in the main channel off Millican Grove launch area at sunrise...other guys recommend Indian Creek or Muddy Creek, but I never had to travel any further than Flat Creek....if/when trolling gets slow, try live minnows at any cover you see partially submerged...goodluck to you...

Bushrod :-)
    Last edited by Bushrod; 08-11-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

edhead, badbrad 'mooselom

haven't you guys got any thing better to talk about than going to Gatlinburg Tn. The wife and I were up thair for 7 days last year and that was not long enough. We are planning to go back the 28th of this month we are planning to stay 3 to 4 week's this time we are going to take the 5th wheel (if we can afford the gas)I can't wait I am planning to go fishing also. My wife was reading this and taking notes of some of the places you were talking about. I would like to live up thair but would sure miss the fishing down here. If you all can think on any other thing's to do or see LET ME NOW.
    We went to see the Smith family show it was good.

Have a good time Drive Safe.
    mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Default too much to do and too little time to do it

That goes for the food too. We ( the family ) usually go up there twice or more a year. There is lots to do like the Ripley Aquir. it is salt water only. Places to eat: Burning Bush (I use to like changed owners) ,Peddler, and Park Grill are all great places to eat at in Gburg. Down in Piegon Forge try the Ole'Mill it is great for all times of the day. The PanCake Pantry in Gburg is great for breakfast but be there early like when it opens or it is a hour or more wait.

Try wooly buggers or inline spinners for trout fishing in olive, brown, or black. Rappala bait work great too esp around where Moose was talking about but watch the regs. Several places up there are SINGLE HOOK ONLY!! and they get touch about that. Take your crappie nibblets with you the trout will eat them. Ask cross the big hill in Cherokee NC you can fish over there any time of the week and the stock it up too 3 times a week weather permitting. Fishing permits are $7 a day 10 fish limit unless they have changed this year. Or you can just go in the casnio and gambill. Just another ideal for you.

Have a great time!!
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey...

Don't spend all ur money. We still have the TZur forth coming. Besides, I need to make a side bet to help pay for my rescent Phd. I got two now ya know...They ain't cheap...lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, is that PHD you have in BS? LOL
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, great feedback and advise, I'll reply to you all tomorrow night. It's been an extremely long day for me today. Just got home after being out since 6am and I got to get up early.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Weezer you have been elected/appointed department Chairman and CEO of BS University. Congragulations you are oh so deserving!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Tom, is that PHD you have in BS? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast