Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moving to Connecticut

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to Connecticut

The Massachusetts forum was the closest I could find for Connecticut. I am moving from the Kentucky Lake area in Tennessee so I am spoiled. However, the prospect of crappie up in the New England area is promising. Anyone that could throw some fishing spots close to the New Haven area I would greatly appreciate. I also am familiar with Yellow Perch too. The looking that I have done appears that there is not a size limit or creel limit for the crappie. If that is wrong please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

TTT
    I have finally settled in. Anyone with any Crappie input please drop a line.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Man, I see you just moved up here. I cant really help you out in the New Haven area, how ever I know some places elsewhere. You can try Batterson Park Pond in New Brittain, I used to live there I caught many a crappie on my fly rod with little yellow poppers. Good size too... for CT any way ~10". Last week somebody got awarded a pin for a record crappie out of Coventry lake where my girlfriend lives 17". I just recently started fishing for them my skill needs a little honing but if you're ever heading up this way, drop me a line I know a few other places. Also if you want to see where they are located, check out the DEP Anglers guide they list lakes and ponds and common species (CB) in the pond. I've got the fever now and have searched all the local lakes and ponds and there's a place in woodstock that's supposed to be outrageous for crappie. If you want to go check it out, let me know I'm itching to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle,
    Right on, maybe this fall or spring we can check those places out. I actually live in Wallingford, CT but I might be able to work something out with you. Thanks for the reply.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good greg. I have been keeping at it lately even in the hot hot weather. Been getting a few here and there but nothing like what I read about on line.