Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My little idea..

Post Thanks / Like

Default My little idea..

Well, here is my idea, stupid or not, here it is.

I'd like to know your guys opinion on me starting a website selling leaders for different types of fish, custom jigs and such. Also if anybody on here has any thing leader related that they want tied you can PM me and I will do it for free as long as you supply the materials or money to buy the materials. Tips are appreciated. I just want to start my own thing, im 15 and love anything fishing.

Any tips or anything is appreciated,

PS- i know my little paragraph is a little scrambled/crazy, i was in a hurry.

Thanks, chris.
    the15yr.old crappie fisherman.
    Fishin hard since 9/13/93

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan, but there are many others out there doing this, may be hard to be seen so to speak. A sponsorship on this site lets you post your website in you signature, and that will get you out there, because soooo many use this awsome site. So there's some money spent. A free web host works, but you do get what you pay for. Guess the saying comes to mind... it takes money to make money. Just do your research before you jump in. Any questions about the site, send me a pm, I've done a few and learned a little.

Good luck and hope you do well!! - AtticaFish

Post Thanks / Like

Well website is no problem for me, my dad has already told me he has it covered.
    How do i get a sponsorship from the site?(i'll PM you.)
    Thanks, and any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kymdfisher View Post
    I'd like to know your guys opinion on me starting a website selling leaders for different types of fish, custom jigs and such.
    What kind of leaders are you talking about? I think it would be very hard to make any money tying leaders. Most saltwater guys want to tie their own. The same can be said of fly fisherman, if they use hand-tied leaders. Usually, the people who sell leaders do it as a side business.

I think jigs are your best bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is true. I did this for a tuna boat last year and made good money. the capt. was impressed with them and I started tying them for the family salmon boats.
    Thanks, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I did this for a tuna boat last year and made good money. the capt. was impressed with them and I started tying them for the family salmon boats.

Well, if you've got some history behind you, that's a little different. You've already impressed some people, so word of mouth advertising will help. I would think the mark-up on a leader would be pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the thread with sponsorship info. "Board Rules of Conduct" It's a sticky at the top of this board. Looks like $49.95 a year. I know an indiv. who got around 2,000 page views (if not more) in his first three days! He played his cards right!

The web hosting cost is anywhere from around $5 a month and up, just check them out and make sure they offer what you want. The one I suggest to customers is $10-$12 a month, depends on the contract length. Remember, PayPal takes a % of every sale!

Just a thought, but you may want to look around in your area... go local and knock on doors, see if you can pick up a couple of charters close to home. Use that other happy customer as a job reference!!!! You may find more work there close by without the overhead ($$$) of running a business, get the cash flow going in the right direction and then branch out further. Keep me updated! - AtticaFish

Post Thanks / Like

go for it little brother, lots of good friends I fish with cant tie worth a crap, those 1/2 interested and beginers are your target.

make a youtube of your stuff/idea for us.
    see if it will fly,
    if you build it they will come lol
    fishon

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Easy .....

How do i get a sponsorship from the site?
    If you are talking about a sponsorship from THIS site .... just check out the Board Rules sticky post at the top of this forum. Ed has all the info you need, regarding this. You can PM him, and tell him what you're doing and that you want sponsor status. Send the PM to "Slab" (that's Ed's User ID).
    And just in case you don't know, Ed is the owner/Administrator of this site.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys!

My problem with my happy customers backing me up is that they're 3,000 miles away. I go to Washington every summer to visit family( i live in Louisville, KY.) and that really jjust means fishing.
    I'll probably just start with sending samples of my work to people who are interested/good to see if they're worth anything. If anyone wants a sample leader PM me. I'll have jigs going once I get my fly tying vice from my moms house. I really appreciate the help, guys. The sponsor price seems a little too much for me right now. Im in the process of helping buy a new bass boat :/

I really appreciate the help,

Chris.