Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Guy...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The New Guy...

Hi all,

I enjoyed the visit to the thread this morning, so I decided to register and check-in. I hail from Columbia, Mo and do quite a bit of crappie fishing at Truman (State Park, Bucksaw, Berry Bend) during the year. I also fish at Mark Twain and Thomas Hill from time to time (closer to home).

My brother and I are fishing in a tournament next weekend at Sterrett Creek. I entered us early and we are boat #6 to leave the ramp this Saturday morning.

Anyone have any advice, tips, or concerns that they would like to share? This is early in the year for us to be crappie fishin'. Admittedly so, we both work more than we'd prefer so we don't really fish year round. So we don't have a lot of experience with the pre-spawn fishing.

I'll be a frequent visitor. Take care!

MoFire

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Truman lake. Sound like spiderigging is the way to catch them right now. The fish are scattered at the mouths of creeks to half way back Clearest water should be at your end of the lake. I will be out with some guys from way up north. Hope I can put them on some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Knob Noster. Good luck in your upcoming tourney.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome From Windsor

a lot will change by the 19th, isn't that the lions tournament out of sterett creek? I would think some will be one the bank by then, just have to try your best at both, bank or out some.... good luck.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Springfield Missouri. Can't tell you much about that lake, but these other guys on here can.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

welcome and nice first post no help here on truman but if you ever get to my end of the state give a holler, I fish table rock and stockton,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the warm welcome!! It's much appreciated.

That's right, it is the Lions Club tourney out of Sterrett. Fished it once about 5 or 6 years ago, and haven't been able to do it again (schedule stuff) until this year.

Really think there may be a few near the banks by the 17th? I wouldn't have guessed it. I guess we'll see, won't we?

Thanks again.

MoFire

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some of the first ones on the bank on the 17th. Not sure anybody has caught any on the banks yet. Need some warm weather. I would start on the bank and work your way out to deeper water. That is always a fun tournament. I will be missing it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NE Missouri
    Gadget Man

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Aboard. Glad to have you.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast