Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dardevle Spoons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dardevle Spoons

I've seen the red\white version forever, never tried one.Googled it to find it is quite an awesome lure,has anyone had any luck with these and what did you catch with it?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember using them when I was a kid. From what I remember they worked good on just about all pond fish and released trout.
    www.Crappiepredator.com
    www.Rendlakefishingguides.com
    618-472-4763

Post Thanks / Like

What haven't I caught on a Daredevil!!!!!!! Depending on which size you use you can catch any fish that swims. I like to cast them out and then use a twitch pause twich pause (not to long on the pause). If they're not up near top get to see how deep the water is and let it sink and tuse the same trieve only a bit slower.

If that doesn't work cast it out and just a nice steady wobbleing retrieve. Great lure and many ways to fish it!!!!

Check out their site, they have some good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I've used their 5 of diamonds for northern pike and muskies, and it worked pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

If you had to pick 3 lures that are the most popular in the world over the last 50 years they would have to be the Mepps Aglia spinner, Rapala floating black/silver, and the Dardevle red/white spoon. You might have to throw in the purple Mister Twister in there too. They should all be in the fishing lures hall of fame.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught northern pike, muskie, small mouth bass, and even an occassional walleye. Like Fatman said...should be in the fishing lure hall of fame.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daredevil

I used to catch Cod Fish when I was stationed in Newfoundland a long time ago. There was a pier on base and anytime we wanted fish for dinner we would stop by the pier, fling out a red and white daredevil have a 5 or 6 pound cod. I have also used them in Canada catching Northern Pike and an occasional Walleye. One of the all time favorite fish catching lures for sure.
    Go Navy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm Ron, I'm 55 years old and been fishing for longer than I can remember and I'm and Dardevil failure.

I had a couple in the tackle box when I was a kid, cast them all over local lakes and ponds, never caught a thing on one that I can recall. Almost everything else that became popular in teh 50's and 60's, and 70's I've used and caught something on, but not a darned red/white Dardevil. I feel bad saying this.