Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitsy Minnow ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bitsy Minnow ?

I've had one of these in my storage tackle box for years unopened (just bought it ?) I was dock fishing the other day with a roadrunner next to a guy that had a Bitsy Minnow tied on,he was catching small bream and crappie every cast.I googled them when I got home,sounds like pretty much all fish like them,yesterday I tried my firetiger "Bitsy" and every cast caught a bream, even trolling it was getting strikes.When the bream go on bed this year,I think I'll
    find them with crickets and then switch to the Bitsy Minnow.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used the Bitsy but I've use the Butter Bean which is similar. Great little bait for finding crappie. One day while the bite was slow on jigs I put on the little crank bait and started casting shoreward as I had been doing with the jigs. All of a sudden as I'm watching it swim about a foot under water I saw a crappie attack it but missed. On the next cast 2 of them attacked but again missed. The third cast got 4 or 5 to attack it but again they all pulled up short. I then switched back to a jib and caught 6 crappie from that one hole. I plan to use it more.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

i have serveal colors of those things. what i like to do thou is change the treble hook to a red bleeding hook. also take a look at the bitsy wiggler its a small worm crankbait and deadly on bream and crappie on a utra lite rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ga.crappie&breamguy View Post
    i have serveal colors of those things. what i like to do thou is change the treble hook to a red bleeding hook. also take a look at the bitsy wiggler its a small worm crankbait and deadly on bream and crappie on a utra lite rod.
    When all else fails its my go to! For some reason they love it in fire tiger. But not all of the time at all!! I have been using them before crank bait fishing had really caught on and i also up size the hook the smaller one i have lost some dandeys off of. but i also catch alot on the white them are my best go to choices! Just my oppionon ,O let me edit this them brim nock out the white one alot more! Dont no why.
    Last edited by ReelfootYankee; 04-12-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Reel foot yankee

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have several and use them wade fishing with an ultralight in the summer. Never used them crappie fishing but they are great in the heat of the summer in these small creek holes of water.

Post Thanks / Like

can someone post a pic of what a "bitsy " looks like?, i think i got an idea

Post Thanks / Like

I made a mistake, the bait I'm speaking of is yo-zuri's snap bean. Me of all people ought to know snap beans from butter beans, ha. The nice thing about it is that the hooks are a little larger and there is only 1 set. Jaxun here is a link to the Snap Bean and Bitsy Pond Minnow.

Yo-Zuri Fishing Lures - Snap Beans

Bass Pro Shops Strike KingŪ Bitsy Pond Minnow Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products

"gene"

Post Thanks / Like

It's just a really small crank bait that is really chubby. I don't have them but I have the Rebel crick hoppers and the rest and it is the only thing I have ever gotten anything to hit out at Duck Lake, Grays Harbor. I thought I was wasting my time but had nothing to lose and I had 4 strikes in 6 casts using the Rebel Craw. 1 for sure was a yellow perch because I saw the fish, the others no clue.

And this was over the top of the thickest weeds you can fish. No bait gonna drop through them without serious weight. I ran it extremely slow and only a wobble on top of the weeds and the fish came up to get it.

I might have to get me a couple Bitsy minnows and see if they work any better.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Pap paw i have a few them snap beens in the box but even after using small diameter fire line have a hard time casting them i guess i might need to use a small weight in frount??
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

RFY the fishing I do doesn't require casting long distances. I fish canals and bayous and my boat is usually positioned 10 to 15 feet from the bank. The deepest water is about 7 foot and the structure I fish is the bank and the weed line next to it. I use an eight foot rod with 4 pound test Vicious mono. Works great with that set up.

"gene"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast