Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must say

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I must say

That this Easter weekend has been very good to me. After fishing with TennTodd yesterday pre-storm and doing pretty good I had to go back for more. I started the day at sunrise and found the fish pretty much where they were the day before. But today the wind was different and a float had to be added to the presentation to suit their finicky taste. I had 8 in the cooler when C1BigOCarp (pic 1) called and met me at the ramp. Did we have a time. Out of the wind, only a few short fish and good company. We finished the day with 24 up to 13 1/2 "(pic 3). Fishawk and GoneCrappieFishin were there also but we never crossed paths. 2 good days put to bed and a third waiting tomorrow with my farmer friend. See guys, asking for a little slack from the weather Gods doesn't hurt now and then. If you go tomorrow, swing by and say hey.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by skeetbum; 04-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there early tomorrow AM.Will be in a camo. Polar kraft with a mercury on back.If you see me give me a yell.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Guys!!! Look's like ya'll had a fun Day also. Can't beat good fish and better friends. No Doubt that's what it's all about!!!:D
    One thing you can give and keep is your WORD.

God gave us fishing to cure all that worries us!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, wtg, great job.Finally got on water after dinner.Wife went with me.She spent an hour or two trying to hang in there with me but finally decided it was just too cold for her. She went and got in truck and then I was able to go back and fish for a bit. Caught 7 with the late afternoon bite.Left dock at six. Only three of those were keepers. They wasnt biting very agressive this evening for me. All of mine was around 4 feet off bottom in 15 to 20 feet deep brush tops.I spent most of the evening trying shallow but couldnt find any there biting............Also wanted say thanks to Skeetbum for accepting a phone call from me when I arrived there after dinner and asked how it was going. He gave me some heads up advice as to what worked for him and what type water.Thanks bud, I appreciated that. Cant beat good ole fishin friends.
    Last edited by GoneCrappieFishing; 04-12-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Went this morning to one of my favorite deep stumps had three good keepers in 5 cast.Said to myself I will have a limit in no time. Wind changed to NE and they got lockjaw stayed there a few more minutes then moved to another fsvorite spot and nothing then another and another and still nothing. decided to go move some hay and try later.The wind is supposed to change direction about 300 so we will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Today was tough. Pulled into my favorite spot of Woods with Stepson and caught 10 fairly quickly about 18" deep. Only 1 keeper in the bunch. The muddy water started rolling in and that was it. Went down the lake and fished the humps and had one bite. I saw another boat catch several there and that was it. Tried the spots that were great last week and nothing. Headed back to house. The other Randy stopped by to say hello as he had just got there. The wind had kicked it up but it was a great weekend anyway.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

No luck today on woods. It was very muddy on the upper end and windy. Left there and tried up past the pumping station. At least I was out of the wind there but still no fish. Didn't see anyone catching fish. Talked to Randy and his partner today. Not many boats out. Water temp was 52 to 57.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

Post Thanks / Like

rja and c1 what time were yall out there?They quit bitting for me at about 830.Then it was DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were putting in at 630. It was done by 830. Same as you. I could see the mud coming down the lake. Puzzeling as to why I could not catch fish down the lake in clear water but realized that the water level had raised about 2'. That will do it every time.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We headed to the ramp at 10:00 with 4 fish for my guest. I caught 0 keepers but my farmer friend Billy is the salt of the earth and was glad to have the time to spend with him. Scooped up the wife and went to an Easter gathering at his house. It was great watching the little ones search for the eggs. RJA, I think you passed us today. I commented on you're boat. Is your boat olive drab green? Weather was sure better today but the wind change kicked our butts too. Great weekend, glad to share it with y'all. The Bum.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast