Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how did the north wind treat u

Post Thanks / Like

Default how did the north wind treat u

was just wondering if any of u guys did any good in the north wind.do u really think this matters.ive always heard since i was a kid that if winds blowing out of the north or east that the fish dont bite very good at all.whats your thoughts on this

Post Thanks / Like

Wind out of the west fishing the best, wind out of the South blows the hook in the mouth. wind out of the east fish the least. mdont remember the north. Cant be good. I have caught some good fish on a miserable NW windy day.

Post Thanks / Like

my dad will never go in a north wind says its a waste of time.just thought i would see what u guys think

Post Thanks / Like

Wind is good in moderation for most types of fishing if you are set up to handle it. A good example was the labor day 2002 crappie usa. classic held on Grenada lake we were there 4 days and the wind blew 20 + mph. the whole time and the swells were at least 5 ft. those that were rigged for it or adapted caught lots of fish. those of us that didn't caught few fish.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if the wind direction really makes a difference but today on Diascund (Eastern Va) was miserable, cold, wet, rough and only a few scattered fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out tonight for 1 1/2 hours after work, had 5 good ones and three shorts. Ran out of light, plus wife calling me every 10 minutes about eating mexican. Wish I could get out tomorrow, but wife would have my hide.
    Waterboy1