Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Atoka lake

kerr Guest

Default Atoka lake

Hello, new here and to crappie fishing. Is anybody familiar with ATOKA lake? Traveling on 69/75 I dont see any signs about the lake or ramps or nothing. I have heard that logging is about to take place all around there and will probubly mess up a lot of wild country. With all the stumps sticking outa the water Im thinking there has to be some good crappie in there. If anybody can share a little information ,ramp, good spots, Best jigs and cheepest minnows :D My crew " BIG ROOSTER" and " BULLFROG" five and three year old grandsons are thinking that grandad needs ta find a better spot. It seems you cant hardly fish TEXOMA any more since they have invented them dang water scooters! Why do folks riding them things have ta stay as close as possible to you? Any help would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

:D For the BEST info for OK lakes,,,go to www.fishingnotebook.com message boards and ask away. You might get a lota bull from them if you mention my name but, these fishers know their stuff!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

kerr Guest

Thanks, Ill check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kerr, sorry, I am not familliar at all with that area. I mainly have Ft Gibson and Verdigris Nav system. I have really started to try to fish hard this year. I haven't taken the time in years of past other than to try and catch a few during spawn. I live near Oologah now and am concentrating on it till I get "locating" down pat. Oologah has been tough for me this summer though. I went 6 weeks without a keeper. I have finally found some areas that produce fish big enough to keep. I went out two days ago, and the first fish I caught was 1.5-2lbs. Nice start, but 2nd biggest fish for the day may have gone a mere 3/4lb. Oologah is loaded with HUGE crappie. They are the golden septor I am in search of on a regular basis. I know they are there, but, where?
    Sorry it's taken so long to post, fishing notebook for OK is about as slow as this forum, but, there are many other crappie.com forums that are loaded with great people. They have no problems talking to us Okies.
    Good Luck!
    Reaper
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

kerr Guest

thanks alot. After trout season is over in march I will have some info on ATOKA lake. I have only fished it one time a couple of winters ago off a bridge ,we lost ALOT before we could get em up to us about 20" Dang near frooze to death doing it to. Im sure it will be tosty warm in the jon boat! :rolleyes: :D I wonder if that company that mekes them hand warmers has a full body suit? :D