Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull Shoals 4-11-2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bull Shoals 4-11-2009

Well we went down this morning and took our first try at Bull Shoals. Took us forever to get there as the fog was horrible this morning. Once we finally we got there we put in at Spring Creek Recreation Area based on Ron’s (Spoonman’s) advise. First we ran up Bratten Spring Creek but didn’t graph many fish so decided to run back down the other way. End up spending some time just across from the mouth of Bratten Spring creek along the Bluff wall but only picked up a couple of small bass and one short Crappie. Ron is right when he said there are some huge tree’s there in the water. I mean these things are sitting in 40 to 60 foot of water and the tops of some of them are still two to three foot thick. I can’t imagine what these things look like at the base. Water is so clear you can see your lure 15 foot down easily. So we ended up running on down south past Pontiac Recreation Area and you have to hook a sharp right at the end of that point or you will cross the Missouri/Arkansas border. Since neither Sam nor I have a Arkansas license yet we would prefer to not pick up a ticket for any violations. We ended up fishing what I would call the North end of the Little North Fork Branch along another bluff with BIG standing timber in 40 to 50 foot of water. Caught the biggest Crappie I have ever caught with it going 2.2 pounds. We ended up with six nice keeper Crappie and four that went back. Also had six Bass and one Perch for the day. Crappie wanted nothing to do with jigs. Only thing we could catch them on was a minner. All fish were picked up in the 21 to 28 foot range. Water when we got there this morning was 51 degrees and when we left it was 59 degrees. All in all we had a great day and had a blast. My face feels like it is one fire from the sun burn I picked up. We can’t wait to hit it again soon. If only I didn’t have this thing called a job that I have to go to Monday through Friday. I’ve only got these cell phone picture to post right now. Not very good. Once Sam gets back from his dinner date with his wife and e-mails me the pictures I will post a couple of better one’s.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Looking Crappie

Doesn't Sound Too Bad Of A Day, Nice Looking Fish Too......... We Didn't Land Anything Like That But Did Catch A Few More....... In Te Murky Water...... Glad U Nailed A Bid One.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Sure are pretty fish.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, Chris2.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new best fish. That is a good one. It is fun going out and exploring new water and catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I always like seeing everybodies pictures so when I get those other pictures I will post them up also.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish sorry to hear you only able to keep 6. I went with Kit and his Dad today and see report.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish Chris. Glad you had a good day. I drove in the fog a the way to Collins. Some thick, some not so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish Chris! Sounds like you made the rounds. Wish you could have got a few more, But those blacks had to be fun to catch. Was it about two hours down there? I've got a whitewater pass, but not sure how far over there I can fish? Will check that out. Nice report.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish Chris, nothing better than testing out some new water and cathcing a few.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast